7/26/2007

Mish mash

I am tired of not posting because my mind is all over the place so beware my posts will be a bit scattered.

1. I had a fabulous decadent evening last night. My husband is out of town on business-I mistakenly gave my 2 year old son a few bites of tiramisu (lady fingers dipped in espresso) and so he was wired and unable to sleep. So we sat on the couch watching dvr'd so you think you can dance while eating watermelon and giggling our heads off for no reason other than I find him hysterical and he finds my laughter contagious. At midnight we fell into bed together snuggled up and fell asleep. To top of the gloriousness-I am now sitting here drinking coffee at 8am (no I have yet to completely give it up-and I woke at 6am with the intention of wrapping some orders) while he is still sleeping. Hmmmmm I have a feeling my husband keeps the house running normally:)

2. I have been trying to focus on the b usiness end of my business especially marketing-while also learning photoshop cs3 and how to use my duaflex to take the pics I want. I feel frazzled a bit. At times I just feel like I should quit and go back to tutoring. Live the simple life. Have a clean house. Have a kept up yard and put away laundry. LOL. But for some reason I can't help but feel this is an opportunity I just couldn't forgive myself for giving up. So I am trying to put my nose to the grindstone and get some of the business stuff dealt with.

Kelly Rae Roberts has been on my mind a lot lately as an inspiring force. I stumbled on her blog about a year ago-right when I started to create regularly. Reading her archives documenting her rise to success sticks in my mind and these past few weeks of intense thought and going out of my comfort zone with my business I have often thought of her and her hard work. She seems to have dedicated herself to doing it-giving her art a fighting chance by balancing creating with proper business and marketing. Her work is just fabulous as well.

3. My house is such a disaster. I just don't seem to have the time to keep it from looking messy and disorganized. From some of my searching around I found 3 great great shopping/decor blogs. anothershadeofgrey she scours the web and finds the coolest stuff and tells you about it-and she also will give people tips on how to liven up a room in their house. I am tempted to send her pics of at least 3 rooms that are in dire need of decorating but I think I am too embarrassed:) The other two are Decor 8 and Rare Bird Finds. This blog is super cool as well. If you have any great shopping blogs please tell me about them. I am looking to redo my sons bedroom, our bedroom and my bathroom on a budget. When you may ask do I plan to do this? I have no idea.LOL

4. I just made arrangements for a graphic designer to create a logo for me and to design a postcard/one page catalog for me. She is allowing me to have 90 days to pay her-and is doing part trade. I am nervous about making the investment but hey-how will I ever sell more without getting my name out right?

OK I really have to go wrap those orders.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

i love this post, thea. it's been a while since you blogged about where you are "at"...NOT that i haven't been enjoying your photos!!! i am in LOVE with your vintage style originals...i want one, or two or three, for my imaginary studio space ;-)...i'm just having such a hard time deciding which ones!
would you mind my adding your blog and etsy to my sidebar...i'm just starting out so i don't get a lot of traffic, but i'm hopeful things will pick up.
i'm so glad you're committed to staying this course for a while...you have a such talent to share with the world.
enjoy the rest of the day with your little guy ;-)
xo
k

7/26/2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Oh Lovey!

All of this makes me smile for you. I also love being able to read where you are "at".

I am so excited for your business to take off (which it WILL).

xoxox

7/26/2007 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your evening sounds like a very wonderful time with your little guy....what beats contagious laughter and eating watermelon? Not much! ;-)

my husband seems to keep this house running normally...just by keeping me to a schedule..as soon as he is out of town it all shifts, dinners are later and simpler.... it is fun to let the schedule fall to complete disarray once and awhile. just enjoy! xoxo

7/26/2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I like the decorating style of Courtney at Two Straight Lines--simple but cute without being cutesy. If you click on the "On Decorating" link under her categories in the sidebar you could get an idea of her style.

7/26/2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

i love those decadent evenings ~ my son and i still share them on occasion, lol :)

your art is beautiful and amazing and am glad that you are focusing on the business end of it (so inspiring) and keeping with it because you add something special to the world and that is a wonderful wonderful gift ... xox

7/26/2007 1:13 PM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

you're work is gorgeous. and YOU are the inspiration here - doing creative work, while learning the process (photshop, etc,), while being a momma, while recovering from surgery, while taking care of yourself. my goodenss! you are doing a great job, thea!

7/26/2007 2:22 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

what a yummy night. and i'm so glad that you wrote about it, it reminds me to look deeper at the experience of mommy-hood. your photos are delicious, your business is on the upswing i'm sure.

7/26/2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

YOU are an inspiration to so many...

am so thrilled you are grooving with everything, baby.

toe to toe.

7/26/2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

what a lovely evening, i wish i could hear your laugh... perhaps someday. ; )

you are such a creative inspiration, i think i need a new monarch necklace... xoxo

7/27/2007 12:03 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

YAY!! Your voice is back on here - I WISH I could come and sit on your couch and laugh and laugh and laugh with you and your son!! Oh how I miss you!! Can I please come and visit in January? I MEAN IT! PLEASE?!?!? What if I promise to help paint and decorate a room!!

7/27/2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I am really learning
(and you have really helped by pointing me in the right direction for me)
that we don't have to "work" so much as to "allow".

You are allowing the flow of your creativity.
laughing with your little guy ~ that is the best way to let it flow!
Enjoy!!!
XO,
Melba

7/27/2007 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know honey, as I read this I thought...she does not sould scattered at all. You have just redirected your efforts for the time being and that is what is feeding your soul. The fact that you are allowing yourself this choice is WONDERFUL.

I have not posted in nearly three weeks...Lupus flair, depressed, scattered thoughts, scattered house, etc. etc....and it's funny because everytime I think of posting, I just know that there is TOO much to say, but yet I have no idea how to say it.

BUT, so not about me....I am super excited for you and all of your great ideas and the manifestion of them...and I can't wait to see your new logo!!!!!

This is all so full of joy and I am joyful for you.

Have a wonderful weekend sweet you.

love.xoxoxoxo

7/27/2007 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home