3/11/2009

Resting

I am learning to appreciate the importance of resting. To me right now-this means stopping all work activities and thinking after 5pm on days where I don't have a viewing session.

Last night I went to a Pilates class-even though my shoulder is still tender.

It was the first time I attended a class at this gym. It is the gym my husband and son use for tennis/working out. I have been thinking about joining - especially since they have a great great child care room and yoga and pilates is included in the membership!

The instructor was fabulous. She does voice guided style class, and walks around and helps correct your form. I am absolutely amazed with the difference I slight straightening here or chin tucking there can make. The lights were low and I was present in my body. It felt so nurturing to be doing something where I was really focusing and loving my body. I was sold. Today I am joining, and Thursday I will go to yoga:)

Oh and my shoulder feels ok. Although I felt like I got great exercise for my muscles it felt like just enough, instead of too much. It also helped me break the work thought cycle, and when I got home I felt relaxed, clear and found it easy to have a cup of chai and not snack. All good things in my book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Good for you! The first step is often the hardest. Do what feels good and don't push too hard.

3/11/2009 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I'm catching up with you and am struck by how much beauty there is here.

Hugs to you, dear one.
j.

3/15/2009 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Joey said...

I like your bird on wires picture. Nice blog.

4/06/2009 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home