8/24/2007

Fly


Fly ~

You can barely see the definition here but I didn't want to interfere too much with the image.

Well folks-I am off tomorrow for a week on the beach with family. I am terribly excited to get some ttv pics using my sister in laws camera:)

Our kids get along fabulously-there is a boardwalk-beach and lots of fun things to play around.

I have been up to a lot this week.

I met with a life coach on the phone and she is just fabulous. I see her more as a business coach but she does help integrate those goals into family life. She was recommended to me by Andrea from Superhero Designs.

Our first session this week was on identifying my values. The exercise was SO enlightening. I am super excited.

After our intro talk last week-I was inspired to take action and was accepted to have my first show of sorts in December. I have to have 30-60 pieces of hangable art. So if any of you experienced folk have tips or recommendations please share your tips in the comments.

I also have two craft fair applications in hand. I am a bit nervous to get my booth set up ready. I will hopefully get some late night time to sketch out ideas while on vacation. I need to figure out what can I put prints in?

So today I have to check out getting a tax id #- need it for fairs.

I will be sending out the gift prints from the suggestion post comments hopefully tomorrow-if you haven't already please send me your address if you were a commenter.

I got this great quote from Wisdom News today-perfect timing as always:)

Paradoxes
"There is a Law of Reversed Effort. The harder we try with the conscious will to do something, the less we shall succeed. Proficiency and the results of proficiency come only to those who have learned the paradoxical art of doing and not doing, or combining relaxation with activity, of letting go as a person in order that the immanent and transcendent Unknown Quantity may take hold. We cannot make ourselves understand; the most we can do is to foster a state of mind, in which understanding may come to us." -Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

9 Comments:

Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Oh have a wonderful holiday Thea... and good good luck with all your business endeavours...

You are going to do so brilliantly.
:-)
Bx

8/24/2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

WOOT! A VA-K!!! What everyone needs!!! Have FUN!!! girly!!! Maybe YOU can get some tiles ready for the shows! I bet they would fly out the door!!! GOD BLESS YOU and YOURS!!!(((((Thea))))

8/24/2007 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is swelling for you honey...and BIG BIG DANCING over here!!!! What an amazing week you have had!!!!! I am just so happy for you.

Have a beautiful holiday by the sea, and I can not wait to see those photographs! hmmmm, good stuff to look forward to.

Love you.xoxoxoxo

8/24/2007 12:41 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a positive week you've had after last week's disappointment! I hope the life/business coach is helpful; it sounds like there are visible steps in the right direction. :)

Relax and enjoy the week stretching ahead.

8/24/2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

enjoy your lovely weekend by the sea :) your life coach sound amazing!! how wonderful ...

i've been in and a part of a few different types of shows, if you want some advice about hanging, shoot me an email : ) as it really depends on the venue ...

can't wait to see your holiday photos ... xox

8/24/2007 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just another congrat wish babe - things are flowin' sweetheart!!!! go thea - go thea - you're an amazin' artist - makin' connections - makin' money....;) hee..heee

couldn't be happier for you - enjoy the beach - will miss you tons xxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooo g

8/24/2007 7:51 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Oh!!!

Have fun at the beach! I so wish I could go to the beach. Even more I wish I could go see you!!!

When you get back we have to talk, I am DYING over here to hear more about the shows.

Love you!!!
Georgia

8/24/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger anna said...

So many wonderful things are happening - I'm so happy for you!

I still remember the vernissage of my first exhibit at an art gallery (I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say a "show of sorts") was the most exciting evening of my life. I remember telling my friends, "This is better than sex!" LOL. I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!

Oh, and enjoy your vacation. I hope you get lots of rest.

8/26/2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

wonderful quote, i hope you're having a wonderful time :) xxx

9/02/2007 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home