10/31/2007

Happy Halloween!

Well I guess I have already started the challenge of writing every day and the be brave part too.

Today I sent a self promoting email to decor8. It took a bit of bravery since I was rejected by Trunkt, but being mentioned at Smidge was encouraging as well as getting a table at the market over at Poppytalk Handmade for November. Now I must admit I am going to be paying for my table at Poppytalk and I decided to also advertise at Smidge.

I find myself a bit stumped by the fact that on one hand I want to advertise my shop while on the other hand I feel a bit pressured on time with my shop as it is.

I pride myself on careful detailed packaging- color coordinating the work with tissue paper, ribbon and cards. Including a magnet with the meanings behind the piece as well as including the longer explanation and a note from the gift giver if someone is sending it as a gift to a friend. This brings me joy and takes time.

I am working on getting systems set in place to make this go smooother.

The other day I found myself with my hands in my hair completely flustered at what to do next as I looked around my studio at the disarray. I caught myself and started to rattle off things I am grateful for.
Sending out my work all over the world.
That people have chosen my work to share with friends and family.
That I have all the materials I need
That I have a studio space
That I keep getting more efficient
That I have a table full of new work to share, a vase of flowers in the spare bedroom waiting to be photographed, new materials waiting to be used in new creations.
That I have a husband that supports me
That I love what I do

Time to celebrate

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a joyful photo of you. i know that i'm loving the pendant that i purchased from you. i bought it for a friend for christmas and to be honest, it's killing me a little that it's not for me. i guess that means i have to buy something else. (=

i think the naysayers in our lives are there to show us our commitment and strength. by hearing no, we stand stronger in our feelings of YES.

happy halloween. xoxo

10/31/2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I'm cheering your brave steps! You keep growing and stretching, becoming not only an artist, but a business person stepping into new projects.

10/31/2007 10:39 AM  
Blogger PixieDust said...

So many blessings, but you have made this happen... your talent, your determination.

Love this photo of you - it encompasses your zest for life and living!

(((HUGS))),
Me

:-)

10/31/2007 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe...this is one of my favorite photos from our session :) im going to give me a ring, i want to hear about your latest business venture :)

10/31/2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

i love this photo of you, dancing in the sunlight surrounded by beautiful colour : )

you have made so much happen for yourself ~ celebrate baby because you totally deserve it and so much more!! i think its important that we celebrate as we go, we owe that to ourselves :) hugs! xox

10/31/2007 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that photo is simply lovely. the joy and the autumn leaves are a great mix.

i'm taking part in nablopomo too, which is going to be a challenge... i love that you are being brave with your life, so inspiring!

and i think listing things that we are grateful for can be so helpful sometimes. i am thinking i am going to write one thing that i am grateful for at the end of each post for november. :)

10/31/2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

YAY!!!! CAWWWWWWWW CAWWWWWWW!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Your photos are BEAUTY FULL!!! Yes, we should be thankful every day!!! Love to love YOU sweetie! xo, Cinda

10/31/2007 11:30 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I love these photos of you! - this one and the one you posted for SPC. You looks so joyful!

And Yay for making a list of the good things in your life. I think that's a great thing for all of us to do now and then. (I'm thinking about starting back up my monthly Bliss List posts after the first of the year for just that reason.)

11/01/2007 12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous photo! These turned out so beautifully...but then again, just look at the gorgeous woman who S was photographing! I am so excited that you got a table and good for you for promoting yourself.

Your list is wonderful and although I know that you are feeling a bit of overwhelm...honey, you are so making this happen and that is joy-full.

Love you and am so happy for you.xoxoxo

11/01/2007 12:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh my goodness!!!! look how gorgeous you are!!!! 1st i see an amazing pic of deni on her blog and now this one on yours...it's almost too much...

i'm so proud of everything you're doing with your business. you rock honey!

11/01/2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

i celebrate you too, baby.

look at gorgeous you playing in the leaves!

11/01/2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

celebrating this brave and beautiful you!!!

11/01/2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

You will get those systems in place, and it is exciting to read about your business growing. Very inspiring!!

11/02/2007 12:48 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

You look beautiful, sweetheart. This picture is wonderful!

And I am proud of you, for doing and trying all that you do. Gooooo you!

:)

11/05/2007 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home