11/03/2007

These earrings are for you Jessie.









Today I was brave in getting up at 6:00 am even though we had a childless party here last night and I was up past midnight. I don't know if you had ever played the board game cranium before, but oh my we had fun. I really needed to unwind with some grown ups. It felt so good to sit with three other couples playing a game and laughing until my cheeks hurt and I couldn't seem to catch my breath.

I had a lot of work and packaging to do this morning so I knew I had to get up at 6:00 if I wanted a fighting chance of getting it all done.

I am happy to say that although I am exhausted-and my son had a few extra tantrums because I was a bit distracted this am-all the invites are out for my first jewelry party-all orders that could be shipped were-and I have photographed all the new pieces I have made. Here is a sneak peek. I have listed a few in the shop but I am starting to see cross eyed so I have to load more another time.

Oh and I think I listened to the "darkest season" by Deb Talan at least 10 times, and shed at least 10 hundred tears. This happens to me sometimes. I will hear a song that makes me really feel deeply and I will celebrate my ability to feel by listening to it over and over until my tears dry up. the tears were a mix of missing my girlfriends I was with 1 year ago in Seattle, contemplating a wise ones question to me " do you believe you can be ok without your mother?" (this has so many layers to it), holding my friends little baby girl all night-she is the exact age my son would be, appreciation for my artistic expressions and all of those who are supporting them.

Here are the lyrics:

Darkest season by Deb Talan
the last few golden leaves are clinging tightly to their branches
like they don't want to let go
like they don't trust what they don't know
what they don't know
'cause it's not quite winter and it's not quite fall
and even though it's been a year
i cannot pass you by
not at all i tell myself
enough
my heart can't feel the reason why
must we into the darkest season
it's cold getting colder
i dreamt last night of being older
i looked in the mirror there was so much grey
if i saw you tomorrow what would i say
what could you say
it's not quite winter and it's not quite fall
and even though it's been a year
i cannot pass you by
not at all
i tell myself
enough
my heart can't feel the reason
why must we into the darkest season the darkest season
it's not that i'm not thankful or grateful for what we've grown
it's not that i'm not living my life alright on my own
i still feel the empty space
i still feel the wind blow through
i still thought in any case that i'd always know you
it's not quite fall and even though it's been a year i cannot pass
you by not at all
i tell myself
enough
my heart can't feel the reason why
must we into the darkest season it's cold getting colder
i dreamt last night of being older
i looked in the mirror there was so much grey
if i saw you tomorrow what would i say
what could you say
it's not quite winter and it's not quite fall and even though it's been a year i cannot pass you by not at all i tell myself enough my heart can't feel the reason why must we into the darkest season

12 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

mmmm....oh honey i felt your heart in this song.

i am missing you so much.

love you.
toe to toe.

ps. so thrilled about your partay.

11/04/2007 1:26 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

Oh I miss you so much, too. It feels like so much longer than a year since I got to see your face. We'll see each other SOON though, okay?!?!

I am so proud of you for all of the work you've done! And those necklaces are GORGEOUS!!!

love you.

11/04/2007 3:23 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

this song always makes me cry... big sigh.. so beautiful.

i miss you too girlie girl - i think it's time to get some plans in motion - and let me just echo our meggie when i say that your new necklaces are GORGEOUS! :-)

love you xxo

11/04/2007 5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're surrounded by the love of dear friends and that, is what makes the world a much richer place. your jewels are gorgeous and i know your party will be a smashing success. xo

11/04/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

love the new pieces....you are on a big roll girlie. isn't it amazing how much time all of this takes, with photographing the pieces, packaging, uploading everything to the shop. wow, i am exhausted just thinking about it. i wll send you an email this afternoon.

11/04/2007 9:08 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

It takes sOOOOOoOOOO much freakin' time sometimes to get stuff out in the mail!!! hehe You have to get soOO organized before YOU even start!, Tissue paper,tape, a good pen or two, more tape, return address labels, stamps, scissors,phew! Lots of Pretties!!! in your shop! YOU have been soOOOOOoo busy!!! Good for YOU! It's FUN getting with other people playing games!!! It's been 33 years and I still get meloncholy for the babe I should have had in November! I'll have to go hear that song someplace but maybe it's too sad right now! HAPPY WEEK Sweets!!!Good Luck! with your party!!!((((Thea))))just because!hehe

11/05/2007 1:32 AM  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Love the ics...the words of the song and amazing, funny how someone else says just what we think and feel.
Suzie Sews

11/05/2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Woops sorry about the error that was meant to be 'I love the pictures'...woops...need a coffee!!!

11/05/2007 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so excited about the party...and I echo everyone else...love the new pieces, especially those fantastic earrings!!! xoxo

11/05/2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

stunning new pieces ~ the party is going to be a smashing success ... and that song ~ sigh ~ am off to listen to it now!! xox

11/05/2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh i miss you too...i really do...

the lyrics to this song...oh my...they really got me...

you are creating some truly wonderful things in your life...keep goin' girl...i'm cheering you on...

11/05/2007 2:57 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I have developed a profound appreciation for the dark seasons...for those times when we don't have answers or direction or focus. A lot is still brewing and growing even though we might not see it. It is like tiny seeds beneath the ground - they are doing their work in the dark for quite a while before we see them bloom above ground, often times after a good rain.

11/06/2007 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home