5/18/2008

Not sure if that is the correct spelling of superheroes.hee hee

This is my soul sister Genine's gorgeous daughter Keira yesterday wearing my well loved superhero necklace Joy.

I have been wearing this necklace everyday. I absolutely love it and feel so much like a superhero when I wear it.

Each time I see Keira she wants to wear it. Wouldn't it be great if there were superhero kids necklaces?

I have been feeling a bit in need for some superhero powers lately. My emotions seem a bit raw as I venture into this new aspect of my business, of portrait work.

My friend Genine started portrait work as a side business around the time I started my etsy store. Having her support and encouragement to pursue my own portrait business has been amazing. I have been lucky to have the support of so many of you for a long while....with many of you being photographers as well. But there is something so beautiful and amazing about having someone you live near, someone who your client bases very well may overlap, support you that is life changing for me.

It has brought a lot of feelings to the surface and has made me want to look at my own ability to share and be supportive, without allowing my ego to get in the way.

To constantly remind myself that there is more than plenty to go around for all of us. That each artist is unique and something special to offer, even if they try the same techniques.

I am really embracing this idea that we all can be superheroes-we all can be rock stars. We can bring out the thunder in each other without it taking away from our own.

No one can steal your mojo or your thunder. What they can do however is find their own through you sharing yours.

So I blogged on my business blog some fabulous links and an invitation to share what I know with anyone who is interested.

The only restriction is my time and memory. Sometimes I do 20 million different things and forget each step , but I will do my best to remember.

I want to help others find their thunder the way my friends have helped me find mine.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

The recent portraits you've posted here and over on flickr have been absolutely stunning, sweetie!!! It's been such an inspiration watching you spread your wings in this new direction.
I think it's so amazing how you encourage others, like myself, and I really appreciate the posts over on your business blog. I'm thankful for the invitation to share...I'm most definitely interested!!!
xo

5/18/2008 7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These have been so great! You are making waves! Congratulations and enjoy your discoveries. It's all about the journey. Much love to you!

5/19/2008 8:45 AM  
Blogger Eileen W. said...

I love this little girl's mischievous grin while wearing your necklace. The necklaces at superhero keep calling me back- I may have to get one of my own soon. :) I feel like a "Joy" too, but "earth and sky" feels good too. Too many choices. :)

5/19/2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

too much cuteness here thea

love you,
xoxo darlene

5/19/2008 9:51 AM  
Blogger christina said...

It's so beautiful to know you are helping others through your generous sharing. Have you seen the movie "Into the Wild" ? Your kindness reminds me of one of the messages written in this incredible movie.

You inspire me :)

5/19/2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

One day I was browsing the forums at etsy ~ I don't recall all the details, but I remember someone posted a question about selling prints and another seller responded "I would never share how I make so many sales or how I create my prints. the competition is too tough out there." I clicked on that person's store and yes they had a large number of sales listed (a few hundered I think) but I was so turned off by her comment.
I really do believe in abundance...there is enough money, beauty, success, love and joy for all...
~and I wish all of those for you!
XO,
Melba

5/20/2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger The Lofty Dreamer said...

"To constantly remind myself that there is more than plenty to go around for all of us"

I am also embarking on this as well. Isn't abundance a wonderful thing??

5/22/2008 10:47 AM  
Blogger mccabe said...

this is post is so empowering and so very thea. ;) i love your outlook and agree 100%! in the world of creativity there is enough for everyone!

your portraits are rocking my world too.
GO YOU!

:)

love
mccabe x

5/26/2008 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home