4/16/2008

When was the last time you picked or bought your inner rockstar a bouqet of flowers? Don't you think she deserves them?

Today I decided I would go browse the grocery store for a rose, or some tulips just because I so love having fresh flowers in my work space and none of the spring blooms are up yet. The tulips were $7.99, and I feel silly writing that I himmed and hawd a bit about spending the money. I had no intention of making a photo shoot out of the flowers, I just felt like it would be a nice thing to do for my inner Rockstar. I noticed I was weighing whether "she" was worth the $7.99.

So I walked around a bit, and then saw these sunny little bundles for just $1.99. I had to giggle at how I was given this other option. I must say the action of going to a store just to buy myself some flowers (and not a chocolate cake) as a reward for being brave, put a bounce in my step.

What a beautiful thing.

What was beautiful in your life today?

11 Comments:

Blogger Deirdre said...

Fresh flowers always make the day better. Your inner rockstar has good taste.

4/16/2008 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's a smart buy.

Arlene,
Lakewood flowers

4/17/2008 1:53 AM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

my inner rockstar received a 90 minute Life spa ritual massage....it was 'rocking"! xx

4/17/2008 6:42 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

i found a really great link on youtube. the warm indiana day
and getting to visit your sweet blog.

happy thursday!

4/17/2008 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new BOSU is pretty darn beautiful!
Melissa

4/17/2008 2:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I actually bought some yesterday! My son is learning about flowers, how to say flower and how to smell them... He always leans forward to sniff and says, "Mmmmm..." with a smile. He picked out some pink mums at the store, we took them home, and I let him place rocks from our yard in the bottom of the vase. They are on our kitchen table. Another memory I will forever hold close to my heart...

4/17/2008 4:17 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

My inner rock star is going to buy herself some roses... but its so she can take them apart and dry the petals to use in jewelry ;)

Gorgeous photo luv :)

4/17/2008 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i bought myself some flowers today, too. a whole bunch of daffodils. they're in the kitchen, but just thinking about them makes me smile.

i'm so glad you went out to buy yourself a pretty bouquet, you rockstar. the price doesn't matter. as long as they make you happy.

xo

4/17/2008 5:40 PM  
Blogger Shaz said...

Its funny to see this today as in the last week I have bought probably 6 bunches of flowers. I also bought some florist foam and made up some arrangements I gave 2 away to deserving people and the rest of my house looks like spring so I know where your coming from. Love it

4/18/2008 7:56 AM  
Blogger AnnaC said...

One of my new year's resolutions was to walk to the farmer's market every Saturday to buy myself flowers...
so far, I have only made it there twice, but each time the flowers have lasted for more than a week... then a friend found out about my resolution and brought be flowers on a week when I didn't get to the farmers.

I like taking the time to make sure they have enough water and appreciate their beauty each day!

4/21/2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i love it...and you totally deserve them...

4/21/2008 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home