5/20/2008

Want to share two great recipes with all of you.

The best play dough recipe from my aunt Sondra. My son has absolutely flipped over it's soft texture 9like no other I have touched in play dough) and I flipped over the ease of making it and how non sticky it is.

In a pot on low-med combine and stir constantly until it pulls away from the edges of the pan:

3c flour
1 1/2 c salt
4tbs veg oil
2tb cream of tarter
3c water

when pulls away from pan and is no longer sticky plop out on the counter and knead a bit. Be careful may be a bit warm.

This next recipe is from my sister in law. This cake is so easy-and a great thing to bring to any party. It goes quick-it is moist and just sweet enough. Yumji!

Best moist orange cake:

1 yellow cake mix (any kind)
4 eggs
3/4 c vegetable oil
3/4c orange juice
1 package instant lemon pudding mix

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and Flour bundt pan (I use non stick pan instead). Mix all ingrediants until well combined, about 5 minutes. Pour batter in the pan. Bake 45 minutes and then check. If cake springs back to the touch, it's done.

The only frosting needed is a little bit of powdered sugar.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

these smiling faces put an instant smile on my face! :)

and the play dough recipe...hmmm...I might just make some for me! :) heehee!

5/20/2008 10:37 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

The cake sounds yummy. I used to make a similar one - vanilla pudding instead of lemon, rum instead of orange juice. Sometimes I'd drizzle a chocolate sauce over the top.

5/20/2008 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been an admirer from afar for awhile and had to comment today. We make the same playdough at our co-op preschool. One extra trick...add kid friendly food coloring to the white playdough and let your child knead the color in. Its a great excersise for their little hands and an early lesson in colors. Have fun!

5/20/2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

And that cute happy little one? She says...."smile! life is great!" xx

5/20/2008 5:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Weird. I just posted a request for anyone out there to send me some kid friendly recipes. Then, I clicked on your site. I think I'll try these! Hopefully he won't try to eat it :)

5/21/2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

p.s. I am loving the pictures of the children in your last few posts. Your photos and editing give them such a soft, warm glow. Love it!

5/21/2008 8:34 AM  
Blogger MediaMoose said...

love that last pic... it just makes you want to smile and squeal with delight...
thank you...

5/24/2008 7:19 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

thea girl - these are great! I wish I had gotten this when I was going to see my niece!!

How are you? Did you get my email?

Hope you are well - LOVE to you my friend!

xo

5/26/2008 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home