3/27/2009

Portraits at Squam~ Kathleen~ Thea Coughlin Photography

blogitboard

I have decided to include a little interview of sorts with the portraits I post from last years Squam Art Workshops.

Here is the first:

Me: Hi Kathleen! Thank you for being my first interview:) I remember seeing you in around the grounds and in the dining hall and being enamored with your beautiful face and hair.
Finally I got the nerve to ask you to let me take a few photographs of you. I hope I wasn't too forward.LOL.

Kathleen: Oh, wow. Thanks for the amazing compliments. I was also so intrigued by you! You were clearly MANIFESTING your dreams in such a big way - it was so inspiring!

Me: Thanks Kathleen! Being the event photographer for Squam last year WAS a manifestation of my dreams. Elizabeth has a way of assisting everyone she meets in doing just this. That is one of the main reasons why going to Squam is such an amazing gift to give ourselves. Can you share with us how you came to Squam last year ?

Kathleen: Well, my story is actually a little heavy. Squam was in the beginning of September, 2008. My husband had been in a serious car accident on June 4, 2008. By mid-August, we had been home from the hospital for a few weeks, and it was clear that he would have an amazing, complete recovery (which he has - sitting next to me, working on his computer right now!). This was amazing news, and gave me the space to completely fall apart! My mom saw the state I was in and so sweetly offered to send me somewhere for a few days to rejuvenate. I mulled it over and could not come up with much that felt at all inspiring, and then I remembered reading about Squam on Andrea's amazing blog (http://www.superherodesigns.com/journal/) and I knew that was IT. I went to the website, registered and just enjoyed the anticipation!

Me: Wow- that is pretty intense. I am happy to hear your husband is doing well. It sounds like your mom is very in tune with you and what you need. I am uber happy you ended up at Squam and I had a chance to meet you.

Me: Is there anything you would like to share with someone that may be thinking about going to Squam but feels a little intimidated?

Kathleen: Just go! Everyone I spoke to had been worried about seventh-grade-lunchroom-esque scenarios, and we all learned that we are grown ups and that stuff just doesn't happen any more! The woods, the lake, the people and the art were nourishing beyond my wildest dreams. I felt like myself for the first time in months. I am having a really hard time refraining from enumerating all the wonderful moments in effusive prose. Go make soulful art in the woods!

Me: I second that advice! Kathleen thank you for talking with me about all of this and allowing me to share your story and your photographs here on my blog.

Kathleen: Thanks for these images, your sweet, sparkling nature and for the chance to share, Thea! Cheers!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading about women who are making their dreams come true. Beautiful portrait session and interview.
a.

3/28/2009 10:19 AM  
Blogger jenica said...

what a cute kathleen is. so glowy and gorgeous and has such perfect teeth!

love this interview too, have any more? ;-D

xoxo

3/29/2009 10:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love this. I'm so inspired! Thank you for posting this lovely interview!

4/06/2009 4:07 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Beautiful!

:)

4/06/2009 10:24 PM  
Blogger meghan said...

What a great interview -

Oh, I wish I could make art in the woods with you. NEXT year, I promise!

MISS YOU my friend
xo

4/28/2009 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home