8/02/2007

I took these pictures of the monarch butterflies up at my husbands cousins house. I am so excited to plant tons of these flowers next year. The monarch's seem to love them.

I sat for at least an hour on the boulder in the middle of their butterfly garden, following the butterflies around...trying different angles. I truly was in heaven. I absolutely love Monarch butterflies. They mean so much to me....for so many reasons....this is why I chose Monarch as the name for my business.

I have been so moved lately when taking pictures. So moved that I often find myself tearing up from the near explosive joy and excitement it brings me. Photography is such a fabulous passion.

While talking to some friends lately about the stress of the business side of things...they have reminded me to focus on loving it....just keep feeling the joy behind it....because that is the driving force to success.

I just wanted to share some of the bliss I am feeling at the moment as I edit a few pics.

6 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

beautiful pictures. i am watering for an old neighbor the next two weeks. they have flowers everywhere. i love this couple and was very sad when they moved. they are so worldy....but yesterday when i was watering i saw 4 different butterfly - so tranquil.

8/02/2007 7:17 AM  
Blogger Shaz said...

So Beuatiful your passion shines through. x

8/02/2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Flowers are some of my favorite photo subjects. These are really beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying this journey into the center of photography.

8/02/2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

mmmm...your portraits of nature make me taking in a deep breath each time.

so beautiful. the joy you feel is so evident in each one of them.

love you, talented you.

i think Monarch's adore you...

xoxo

8/02/2007 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading this makes me so very happy...continue to do what brings you joy...your photos are magic.

love you.xoxo

8/04/2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Do keep your joy for it, because these pictures I have been looking at are so lovely. Really beautiful. Like art, not just pictures of flowers, or whatever. Art.

Monarchs find their way home. They always find their way home...This is what I love about them, too.


:)

8/05/2007 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home