9/03/2007

I am back from a great family get away. I can't say it was a vacation. In my mind a vacation is when you get to take a load off from your normal responsibilities. Vacationing with a 2yr old changes this possibility into a family get away:)
The lake we stayed by was beautiful. We were right on our own little piece of beach which felt extra special because the water is so shallow. You walk out at least 100 yards where the water gets no deeper than your thigh. My son doesn't really like the water all that much so we spent most of ou time on teh beach, playing in the sand.
My husband and I got to go out in our kayaks-the ones that have been hanging in our garage unused for 2yrs since the boy was born. These pictures are a few we took with our old canon power shot. Oh how I miss my rebel! Canon said I should get it back next week. Boo hoo:(
My ttv pics were really tough to take without my rebel. I did get a few nice ones though.
I mentioned in a previous post that a lack of new pictures has inspired me to start playing more in PS. Well there are two photographers I admire that have inspired me to start playing with textures. These are two pics from our vacation that I have played with. It is very fun to build the layers and watch the effects deepen and become more complex.

I love this one I took from my kayak.

I love to sit and paddle so close to the water. It almost feels like a dream. I attribute my deep sense of calm from water and water signs (my husband and son just to name two people)to the fact that I have no water in my chart:)
For me, being out on a quiet lake with my guy,who always makes me giggle and laugh, is one of my favorite things to do on a sunny day. We also got a chance to play some tennis. I guess we did get little bits of vacation in there:)
One of the most fascinating things about the trip for me, was that there were a ton of Monarch butterflies flying around the beach all week. They must have used the beach as a resting place while migrating to Mexico. I felt so heavenly being surrounded by them. Have you ever held a monarch? They are so strong-and beauiful. They look right at you-turn their head-almost cock it to the side as they check you out. They have a really cute fuzzy back. Oh how I adore them.
Speaking of Monarch.....I think I am going to have to release it as a business name. There is monarch design in NY so I can't get an LLC. Instead I got an LLC for Photography. I don't know how I will transition my etsy packaging logo etc. I am trying to wait for it to become clear.
It may be a blessing. I had signed up for monarchdesigns.net with lycos-but when I tried to get some help there I stumbled upon their confusing system-lack of phone support-live online help seems like it is never up. Their help center is a message board they direct you to with the explanation that your question has to have been asked before. I stumbled upon a lot of complaints that indicated a change may be the best. I still haven't gotten an answer from an email I sent 4 days ago, so I dropped lycos as a webhost by cancelling my payments through paypal. I still have not been able to cancel on lycos/tripod website because their cancelation screen brings me back to my account page every time.
I decided to sign up for Yahoo ecommerce webhosting. I will be spending alot of time trying to get my website up and running. It is pretty exciting. I will let you know when it is done.
I am off to bed - my body aches from the past two days back to doing power yoga and a spur of the moment painting job I did today in my sons playroom.
It was a good day:)
XO


17 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

welcome home, thea...
sounds like busy, but exciting days ahead!!!
sleep well,
k
xo

9/03/2007 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look so beautiful in the kayak picture - makes me want to be out on the water now.
i think you can still use the packaging and stickers and images from Monarch for the LLC with your name - i still think the butterfly image is relevant.

the 2 photos you've shared are so gorgeous - i hope you make pendants and prints from them. they are stunning.

9/04/2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

i feel really good about thea coughlin photography. it really flows and you have such a beautiul, poetic name.

i have a really good feeling about this.

what a gorgeous picture of you...hot mama. you look so serene on that water...

i love you.
toe to toe.

9/04/2007 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back safe and sound :) I'm glad to hear that you had a great getaway and were finally able to put those kyacks to good use :) That picture of you is so pretty!...and your TTVS are awesome i love the color tones...
I think you made the right call with changing your name, and I hope the new website works out better that the lycos one...i know you will do great :)

xoxo Sarah

9/04/2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

YAY!! I am glad you're back!! You look HOT in your photo - it's nice to see you smiling SO BIG!!

I loved those photos - the last one almost looks like a painting - make pendants, make pendants!!!

xo

9/04/2007 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back honey!!!! I got my domain name through and am using Yahoo as well. Thus far, I have been really pleased, as me and html? Hmmm, not so much. Yahoo site builder kinda rocks my world for now. :-)

I am so sorry that you have to drop Monarch as the "offical" name; however, it can still be your logo, and your name...now that is powerful and good.

You look so frickn' happy in this photo. And those photos that you processed? Simply gorgeous; I really really like them.

I am excited for you...you are moving forward. Doesn't it feel good?

Love you.xoxoxoxo

9/04/2007 2:26 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Oh, you get away sounds fantastic!

And your photo's are beautiful. I will have to ask you to teach me about textures... I never was able to figure it out very well. :)

Lets talk soon!

xoxo

9/04/2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

how's the playroom coming along???

i'm so excited about our AF decision!!!

9/04/2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

Thea Coughlin Photography sounds really wonderful, it is very poetic ~ and you can totally still use monarch as your logo ... i think it all works out the way its supposed to :)

so glad you had a lovely vacation and being out on the water, so heavenly ... and those layered beautiful are gorgeous!! absolutely gorgeous :)

xoxox

9/04/2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

l love that smile!

9/04/2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

that picture of you is just gorgeous. and it looks like you are having a lot of fun with textures.

i love the name thea coughlin photography. so excited for all the good things coming your way baby!

xoxo

9/04/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Karen Smithey said...

You're right--vacationing with a two-year old is not vacationing...

I have my website through yahoo and have been very happy with it. I've designed it myself using Yahoo Sitebuilder and like how easy it is to use and how much I can do with it.

Beautiful pic of you--you have to be awfully pretty to start with to look good in a kayaking getup--

9/04/2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

You look so Happy and Beautiful!

I can totally relate~vacationing with children does not always feel like a vacation, but I am sure the change in scenery and routine is nice!

9/04/2007 9:15 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Welcome home...I think your business name change will be a good one--truly standing in your own shoes, you know? GOOD LUCK to you...
Love,
D.

9/05/2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Tanaya said...

oh yay! I just saw that you made the FRONT PAGE on Etsy.... if you haven't already, go check it out. I hope it is a great boost to your sales.

p.s. your photography is just shining....just like you are. Tanaya

9/05/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger madelyn said...

The photo of you kayaking was
delightful - I kayak in vancouver -
just love it: soooo peaceful -
your vacation sounds heavenly and the
photos were gorgeous - loved the
textures - very beautiful:)

your name is very beautiful as well -
and you have such a soulful presence that
resonates in your work so I think it is
serendipitous that this is the way your
business path is meandering:)

9/05/2007 11:06 PM  
Blogger Bo Ekra said...

nice shots!

9/06/2007 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home