1/08/2008

I took this about a week ago. I love the contrast between the red berries and the snow. I thought it would make a lovely card. The print itself is also available.

I have been working on some new items for Valentines day and the Spring. I have mentioned my goal of doing things differently in 2008, to make things more manageable. The first is to have a few weeks of production, photographing and packaging. Streamlining the work flow so that it feels more cohesive and manageable. I notice that I miss the movement that comes from listing new products and having them sell. That immediate feedback propels and motivates me, and the lack of it the past week has left me feeling a bit cranky.

So I am compromising a bit by putting out this print and maybe a few others, while I work on the new new stuff.

On a side note-I took my first non yoga exercise class today at the new gym/family center that we joined recently. It was soooo hard. My goodness. There is something super motivating and super depressing-being in a room covered in mirrors, with a red face, bad form and lack of the right muscle tone to do half the exercises correctly. It was a core conditioning class which is the area I have always neglected but needs the most work. I kept repeating to myself "it will get easier, you will get stronger, you won't always look so silly". I plan on going back again, so I guess the mantra worked a bit:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Happy 36th, Thea!! It seems to me that you are living a wonderfully full life of friendships, art, and family. This makes me smile. Sometimes we hit rough patches that makes everything feel more difficult than it should, but then, oh, the smooth patches just feel soooooooo good.

May this year be one of perfect balance and much happiness.

love you!
j.

1/08/2008 3:08 PM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

ahhhh...for doing the core class....I always think 'i'm beautiful'...when thinking of that class...the instructor use to let us do core excercises (which nearly killed us) on "big girls, you are beautiful!" from Mika...beautiful song!

keep going thea! I know it is hard...think I'll have to start mantras....Your a few steps in front of me on this one!

This photo...stunning! I've sent a list of your art in etsy to all my family...and HOPE! WISH! they order it for me for my birthday....I HOPE!!! and WISH!!!!! So don't be discourage...and remember, even though you feel you have be more manageble...you still have to do what inspires you...so post your beautiful photos.

I love this one!

xx

1/08/2008 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will indeed get stronger...and you know what, I bow to you that you were there...because I so need to exercise and well...it has not happened! he he

I think that as you work into this new schedule you will learn what works and what does not work and hopefully find the perfect method for you...

xoxoxo

1/08/2008 7:46 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

That photo is beyond gorgeous my friend:)

I am also looking into a class like the one you took... you will not be alone in the looking silly department... and soon... soon we will be in such good shape we won't know ourselves in the mirror!

xoxo

1/08/2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

What a beautiful image...lovely!! Happy Birthday my dear. xoxo

1/09/2008 1:28 AM  
Blogger caroline : my pocket said...

Hi Thea! You go girl, I'm impressed with your perseverance. It will get easier :)

Love the berries too, and your display of it is lovely.

1/14/2008 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home