1/21/2008

Lately I have been feeling pretty wiped out. In the evening when I finally get a chance to sit down to blog and read, I just feel pooped.

Parenting my little boy has been very rewarding but it wears me out.LOL. There is a lot of talking going on at this age-and alot, I mean ALOT of questions.

Lately if you ask my son a question, he will say "ummmmmmmmm, cause...........(insert answer)..", which makes me crack up, since that must be what I do to him. When he is trying to recall something he will put his hand under his chin and stare up at the sky. I don't think I do that one. It is odd to see mannerisms you weren't aware you had, being expressed by your child.

Yesterday I took down my show at the coffee shop. I had to get it down by 7:30pm, but found myself heading there at 12noon for some reason. On my way there I was thinking, this will probably be the busiest time, why am I going now? It was really busy and a bit crazy getting my pictures down and out over peoples heads. The great thing about it was that I got some very warm comments and reactions about my work. I will be putting my pieces up in the Saratoga shop on the 27th.

4 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

mommyhood is SO tiring! when my kids were little they would say,
"well actually" seemed like they were genius when they said that one.

1/21/2008 9:25 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh my gosh, the QUESTIONS! I know!! LOL! Somedays I think I might go nuts.

:)

1/21/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I was planning on writing in my journal a little later about how most Mommies I read about and Know feel so many time constraints. I think it is because our expectations are also so much higher for ourselves than the previous generation. That doesn't mean I don't think our Mother's got tired, but I do think they (and I am generalizing here so this may not have been your Mom) did not engage their children as much as we do.

1/22/2008 3:52 PM  
Blogger madelyn said...

I love the questions ~ and
I love them back:)

I am not surprised at all
you got such glowing comments
about your work as it
is just such happiness
art:)

1/22/2008 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home