4/07/2008

Glowing

You know when you feel an inner glow that you assume must be radiating? The feeling that comes when you grasp a teeny bit of understanding about this whole life/universe/creation thing? That everything is just as it is supposed to be?

Well, I am really craving that today. I seem to be having a hard time connecting with it.

It may be that I am getting sick of this website creation/thought process. I feel my mojo fading as I resize photos, think of how to word things, how to price things...all these things that could be viewed as creative, but just aren't what I want to be working on right now.

Today I just wanted to dump all the mess in my studio into a box and pull out my pencils and draw. I want to rip up the carpet that my dumb ass cats have decided to start spraying (can I tell you how disgusting that is?) on in corners, where baskets from my moms house were stored, and put down stick tile that won't get stained with paint and glue. I want clear space. Simple space.

I have so much stuff that I feel like I should sell instead of tossing or giving away, which makes the whole task of cleaning it out feel a bit HUGE.

So here I sit at my computer-editing photos of my glowing friend-hoping to catch a bit of glow to carry me through more web site work.

What are you doing today?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually feeling the exact same way!! (except for the cat pee, because my landlord wont let me have a cat, which is a whole other reason i want to cry)

My creative mojo is peeking it's head around the corner throwing ideas in my head, but it forgot to bring it's friend motivation with it.

sigh, baby steps...

4/07/2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

so glad you're getting this out there and putting the intentions out of what you need.

whenever i am in the space you shared here...i take a whole day, if not more...to clean out and reorganize my studio. when my studio feels cluttered, i feel cluttered.

i wonder if that will help open up the space in your room, in your heart...to let more glow in?

i love you, my friend.
xo

ps. thank you for making me feel beautiful with these photos. you are a photographer rock star.

4/07/2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

We are re-arranging our rooms. Right now we are in the planning stages because for once we realized how important it is to talk about stuff first before acting. No buying anything until we Know where we plan on putting stuff. (other than this large TV that started the whole re-arranging thing in the first place because our old one died.)
In the end I will have a new studio space that I will share with the children for their play area.
What helps me stay sane and not spiral are taking moments to breathe. and instilling quiet time. Which doesn't always happen, but thank goodness right now Ethan and Maggie are doing something quiet...which in a way scares me! What will I find when I go in their rooms!

4/07/2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

this image is beautiful...and i saw the ones of you at boho's blog...swoon...

i'll try to call soon so i can tell you all about artfest...

4/09/2008 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home