7/14/2008

Arete

I have blogged about notes from the universe many times. My darling Meg forwarded me a link to Thinkarete.com and I love it just as much as notes from the universe. In some ways it feels like a bit meatier.

Areté--a word that literally means virtue or excellence but has a deeper meaning...something closer to “constantly striving to reach your highest potential.”


Today I got this from them:

"Success is the result of good judgment, good judgment is a result of experience, experience is often the result of bad judgment."

- Tony Robbins

Hmmmm…so if success is the result of good judgment, and good judgment is a result of experience and experience is often the result of bad judgment, then

Where do we start?!!?

Well, failing, of course!

(Quit taking yourself so seriously and…) Get on it!

:)

Emerson tells us that all life is an experiment anyway, so what’re you worried about?!?

9 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

thank you for the link. i got this beautiful cosmic ordering book idea from megg, so i'm sure i'll like this daily inspiration too.

7/14/2008 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Notes from the Universe also! Thanks for posting this link.

7/14/2008 10:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you, Thea!

7/15/2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

worrying adds lines to your lines...no line adding allowed ;)

love to you T
xox d

7/17/2008 4:17 PM  
Blogger meghan said...

You were the first person I thought of when I went there for the first time! I am so glad you are loving it!!

LOVE YOU! (I'm back in the land of the living again!)

xo

7/17/2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I recently read this other quote...now I can't remember where...and I am paraphrasing here...about how everything we see as a failure without a doubt we will oneday see as a success. Without a doubt. Even if it doesn't happen for 50 years, eventually every little thing we see as a failure we will one day see as a success. Every one. With out a doubt.

It really struck me. I had a deep sigh of relief as I felt in my bones the truth of it.

{{I have been away from blogging for a few weeks. Hope you are having a lovely summer!}}

XO,
Melba

7/18/2008 9:03 AM  
Blogger Mallory Matson said...

hey :) i just wanted to tell you i adore your photography, and you seem like an amazing mother <3 and also that youve been awarded the Brilliante Weblog Premio, go to my blog for info on what to do next!

7/19/2008 11:54 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

this is good. what would we do with out dear Meg? :)

7/19/2008 8:23 PM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

I miss your sweet voice! xx

7/21/2008 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home