7/02/2008

Squam

I keep thinking about Squam. The thought of gathering with a bunch of creative and empowering women, some including my dear friends makes my heart skip a beat. All year I have been craving the feeling of being inspired and rejuvenated after such an emotionally taxing year.

These feelings have intensified since I had to cancel going to Artfest this year. I was dreaming of going to Artfest but the timing was wrong, it was a bit longer than what works for our family that includes a three year old and only has one set of grandparents to help with childcare. Oh and the cost, that was a big factor as well:)

Right around the time I had to back out of Artfest, I started hearing about Squam. I decided I would not sign up unless I got my business debts down to a certain limit and had the money in hand to go. Losing my deposit for Artfest because there were so many people trying to sell their spots last minute and I had no takers to buy mine, taught me not to put down a deposit unless I am super duper sure I can go.

One of the factors that makes Squam seem so much more manageable for me and my family than Artfest, is that it is only a 4 hr car ride away. Ever since I have started blogging I have envied all the bloggers on the West coast that are within driving distance of so many yummy gatherings.

Now I have a yummy gathering within driving distance from me and I feel this deep pull to go. To be surrounded by nature, creative and business ventures, friends I know and friends I am meant to meet is such a dreamy possibility. It feels like it would nourish my heart on so many levels.

I have been talking to some of my girls about how I could manifest this into being. Deni told me she heard about Christine Castro creating a fund for herself to help get her to Squam. She is selling prints and all the money for her prints will go towards her trip. I thought it was a great idea because it gave people more of a purpose with purchasing her art and they would feel like they are contributing to something bigger.

So folks, with all of that said...I am staring a Thea Squam Fund. I will be posting items in my sidebar for sale. All of the monies from these items will go towards my dream to attend Squam. To be with my girls and hopefully meet some of you. I just can't sit back and wish this idea into being...I am putting forth a larger effort to get me there and help manifest more healing things in my life.

For Sale:
~ The Eye action set $ 15
It contains the following two actions and texture image.

1. A separate rounded corners action that can be used to make 150 px rounded corners on any image 5000x5000 pixels or less. An 8x12 at 300dpi is 2400x3600 so all of your photos are probably under the size limit.

2. A Collage action to produce the above sample collage (with your own photo) using any size image of your own.

3. A 8x12 300dpi jpeg of the following texture to be used in the collage or any other photo project.


~ The Eye Collage Print $30

An 8x10 matted and signed Peek print (this is a photo I took of my friend Deni's gorgeous eyes when she came to visit this Spring).

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

your idea to raise money is a great one. like you, squam is within driving distance and it appeals to me on so many levels. it also terrifies me, but that's not always a reason not to go, in fact it's probably the very reason to go.

7/02/2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

what a great idea honey, i just know you'll raise enough to go :)

i am so far from driving distance that it isn't even funny, lol ...

7/02/2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

you are a rockstar, honey. since i can't go i will see what i can do to help you go so you can report back all the yumminess.

xoxo

7/03/2008 5:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OH, how smart are you?! :) Squam is one of those things that belongs on my mondo beyondo list. But, maybe if I work up enough courage to sell some of my photos (like pack away those gremlins that say "Who in the world would want to buy your pictures?") than maybe it could be a possibility.

7/04/2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger mccabe said...

that is a great idea thea!
i have actually been considering doing
something similar.

that would be the cherry on the icecream
if i went and got to see you.
:)

love
mccabe xoxo

7/04/2008 2:04 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

i can't wait to see you there. it is a beautiful ride focusing your positive energy on making it to squam. can't wait to hug you in real life!

(((hugs)))

7/07/2008 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home