11/06/2008

Last night was the first night I had consecutive sleep without waking up choking on post nasal drip. I don't usually get sick, but this upper respiratory thing really got me the past two weeks.

Boy uninterupted sleep is fabulous isn't it?

I have been floating on a cloud since Tuesday night. I am filled with hope, pride, excitement and motivation to help bring about change.

My sister in law sent me this link. It is a 15 minute video covering some of the behind the stage scenes from the convention of Michelle, the kids and Barack. It is so endearing.

So now I begin to think about how I can implement change. I know these are small but, here are a few things I have thought about the past two days:

~ My tub/shower is coated with soap scum. I had bought this scrubbing bubble spray but it just didn't work as well as the aerosol spray-that I refuse to buy anymore-it seems so toxic. So after spending 10 minutes in the cleaning aisle at Target I decided to try their brand of magic eraser to try while taking a shower. It says it removes soap scum.

Lo and behold-it worked wonders! I got my shower walls clean as a whistle with no scrubbing and no toxic stuff. Cool huh?

~ I admit that I have doubts that my garbage service actually recycles and use that as an excuse to be pretty lazy about recycling. They also only take paper and plastic. So I am going to call them and ask about cans (we have cats so we use a lot of canned food for them) and start being faithful and recycle as much as I can.

~ I looked up and found a charity where I can bring old maternity clothes and baby clothes where they will be given to women/families. I am going to package what I have and bring them there before the holidays. I have never felt good about Salvation army here because they charge more than garage sale prices and that could make it hard for someone to get the clothes they need.

~ I am going to propose to my sister in law that for the holidays instead of buying eachother gifts (the adults) that we buy gifts for a family in need instead.

These are small but I plan on making small changes- a few steps at a time.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an amazing video, i love, love, love it!

Glad you are feeling better darling!
xoxo

11/06/2008 11:31 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I hope you're feeling better by now. Uninterupted sleep is pure gold.

The import of this election is still sinking in for me, and each time I think about it, I'm that much more amazed, relieved, happy that Obama won.

I'll come back and look at the video when I have more time.

11/06/2008 11:23 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

love that video. my kids clamored around me to watch it too, my three year old exclaiming, "that's bawack obama!" yes it is. yes we can.

so proud of your *little* changes. that is truly all that it takes, each person implementing change in their own life, reaching out with a little more love than before. you are such a brave and loving woman.

xoxo

11/07/2008 11:58 AM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

Love the little things in life...especially when that little thing is done with such a BIG heart! xx

11/08/2008 6:30 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

all great ideas. you've motivated me to do more too! can't wait to see you on friday! xoxo

11/08/2008 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the vibe of change that seems to be coming from so many people touched by this election. it's infectious, that word change.

i love your small steps. that is the surest way to change, in my opinion. small steps that add up to great significance in the long run.

as always your words inspire me (and your banner image is stunning!)

11/12/2008 11:52 AM  
Blogger Samosas for One said...

Sometimes I think we believe that change has to be big and dramatic, but small steps are also the building blocks of long-term change right?

11/19/2008 4:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool blog!

11/24/2008 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home