9/09/2007


Can you believe it took all my free time over the past 3 days to designs and make this banner?
My oh my, web design is a whole new (complicated) world. It is equivalent to learning a whole new language. Kudos to all of you who have done this already.
I am hoping to have my site ready and functioning in a week or two.
My thoughts are so steamlined toward this that when I try to think of a cohesive blog post, my thoughts come out choppy and scattered. I seem to revert to my old way of writing ~ with super simple sentences and a bullet like format. I hate writing this way!
But I decided last night that I need to try to write here more often.
A few weeks ago I was speaking to Jen on the phone (I have a much easier time talking on the phone than typing-I am a super slow 4 finger typer:) and she was speaking about Darlene. I had connected to Darlene online but not yet on the phone. It seems a bit tough for some reason to take that step with my online girlfriends to ask them to talk on the phone. I am not sure why.
So I asked Darlene if we could chat and after a few days of phone tag, I was lucky to speak to Darlene on the phone the other night. It felt so nice to make this new connection with a blogger friend. I was amazed that although I had never spoken to her on the phone before, I had such ease talking with her and felt like I could stay on the phone with her forever. This has happened with every single one of you lovelies that I have had the chance to talk to! Darlene and I talked about babies ~ whether either of us is ready to try again, or if we should keep following our bliss. It made me long and miss all the connections I have been less present for lately. Luckily I have stayed connected with the girls I met in Seattle through phone chats but the rest of you........I miss you.
I know I have written this before, but checking in on you is like pulling a stray thread on underwear-it just won't end. My bloglines is so full that I get completely overwhelmed. I feel so driven-almost to a fault to try to get the underpinnings set for my business , that when I have my free moments, that is all I focus on. I am a very all or nothing kind of person. I haven't felt like this since I started teaching biology in 2000. So passionate and motivated. It is a great feeling, but I can't help but think of the community that lifted me to the place where I am confident enough about my photography and art to actually start this business.
So I have decided that I will go back to my old plan of reading the blogs that I have randomly put into days of the week folders. I will not make it daunting by expecting to read all the posts I have missed-instead I will do the manageable thing of reading the most recent post and letting you know I miss you.
I have been doing my power yoga a few mornings a week, and Brian Kest (sorry honey but he is super hot) always says the goal is Aquanimity. I had never heard this word before, but I love it. It is exactly what I am looking and striving for.
Ok ...so embarrassed-I just looked up the definition and I spelled it wrong:)
Equanimity (E`qua*nim"i*ty) (?), n.[L. aequanimitas, fr. aequanimus: cf. F. équanimité. See Equanimous.]Evenness of mind; that calm temper or firmness of mind which is not easily elated or depressed; patience; calmness; composure; as, to bear misfortunes with equanimity.


11 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Blogger just ate a long comment I typed in...ugh! In a nutshell: I love your new banner, I love that you're making visible progress as you take this step forward with your photography, and I love that you're deepening your connection with blog friends who support you and feed your soul. :)

xoxo Star

9/09/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

I love the new banner. And I am so excited for you to be growing your business!!!

I miss you my friend, I will call you this week.

xoxox

9/09/2007 1:00 PM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Keeping up with my favorite blogs is a balancing act and sometimes I get overwhelmed too. I just hate to miss something important.

Your banner looks great - I'm looking forward to seeing the site. Even if you don't get here very often to hear it, I'm cheering you on.

9/09/2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

The new banner is SO GORGEOUS!!

Just follow your heart and your dreams lovely... all will fall into place :)

Oh... and did they clean the dust from your camera??

Bx

9/09/2007 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CAN believe that it took that long...because this creative process takes time. It is beautiful and fabulous and it is still says you....it is simply the next "step" as it were. Wonderful!

So so glad that you and D were able to connect. :-)

I'll email you my #...he he.

love you.xoxoxo

9/10/2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

okay ~ that banner is perfection, really lovely.

i am currently tearing my hair out over my own web design, serious chunks missing ... i am super impressed with your banner. beautiful and elegant and lovely, like your art ...

i LOVED hearing your beautiful voice and felt so beautifully refreshed after our talk ~ warm hugs sweetie ... xox

9/10/2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

your banner is simply gorgeous. it does take a long tme, but you have some talent girly!

how wonderful you were able to connect with dar? isn't she just dreamy?

9/10/2007 5:43 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

such sweetness...I'm glad you are still moving forward with your creative life and wishing you well!
Love,
D.

9/11/2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

the new banner is just exquisite, thea!!!
you are so very, very talented!!!
thank you, thank you, thank you for fairy pink...
it's stunning!!!
i'm so looking forward to the launch of your new site!!!

9/11/2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Days of the week folder? What a brilllliant idea! This is what I need to do. :)

I could NEVER make a banner liek that, so good job! Wow. I am amazed, because I would not know the FIRST thing! I can't even figure out how to put a banner ON my blog! LOL! I am not kidding. That is why whenever people give me an "award" I never have the button. *blush*

:)

9/12/2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oooooohhhh...the banner is so, so pretty!

9/12/2007 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home