11/14/2007

Nailed

Yeah I have been getting up at 3:30-3:45 the past few nights and passing out between 8:45 and 9:30 at night. Definitely encouraged by the fact that when I was getting up at 5:00 my son started to get up at 6:15-6:30 leaving me no time at all for work.

Well folks I was rejected again by Trunkt. Will I never learn. LOL. I wish I could see my work objectively better so I wouldn't apply to places that won't be attracted to my work. It is a learning process. I did get some good links to some sites that may be more in line with my stuff.

I guess for now I will wait until after the holidays.

The one thing I am keeping in mind about the rejection is that it made me feel a bit like I may not be expressing myself fully as an artist. Maybe my stuff is too simple-too bland to be accepted to these funky chic sites. Now if the style that comes from my heart doesn't fit some places, that is super cool, but what i noticed was I want them to judge me based on ideas I have in my head that I just haven't had time to create yet. I am getting busy which I absolutely love but it does leave less time for experimenting with my art and photography as I would like to.

So I am embracing the busy holiday shopping season. Keep relisting what I have made already and leave the new creations to idea journals to be looked at in the new year.

There is great opportunity in rejection. I am trying to take the time to find it so I can plow ahead and keep creating the bountiful life I want.

7 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

oh love, i'm sorry to hear about Trunkt - but you're right, it's essential to find the right fit for our wares - you're selling a *product* and it's hard to separate ourselves from it sometimes. (But your stuff is most definitely NOT bland!) i love that they sent you links - how cool is that? definitely good karma there

onwards and upwards my darling - your stuff is kicking ass, and i can't wait to see your new ideas blossom once the holiday rush is over

love you xxoo

11/14/2007 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"there is great opportunity in rejection..."

Absolutely! Recognizing that, is brilliant. there is always something to learn about yourself in moments like this, whether we choose to look at it constructively or not, is up to us. It's perfectly reasonable to have a good wallow and then move past it and it sounds like you have.

I admire you for putting yourself out there - it's not a matter of will you never learn, but instead that you are trying to learn and that's why you keep brushing off and going at it again.

Thank you for your lovely comment yesterday - it meant the world to me, truly. xoxo

11/14/2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger madelyn said...

agh!!!! blogger ate my comment!!!

There is nothing at all bland about
your work as I sit here feeling very
peaceful with your gorgeous Buddha
pendant around my neck ~

perhaps your view of Trunkt is
not the way everyone sees it:)

People can feel the difference between
work that is done from the heart
versus items sold with the intention
of sales ~ they are repetitive and
dull after a while while designs and
art and photos from the heart
endure and inspire and bring
love to people forever:)

and your work does just that ~
and we are very discerning
buyers:)

11/14/2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

you keep trying!
i have been through so much rejection these last two years with my work and ideas.
i usually let it out by crying and writing and then move on.
xo,
melba

11/14/2007 6:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I think it is very cool that you try, and are so willing to learn more about yourself and your art. I really love your art.

:)

11/14/2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

your photography is incredible, thea, so don't let rejection make you feel bad. the fact that you are busy with your art because of the holiday season is huge just in itself!

lots of love,
j.

11/15/2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

never, never doubt yourself...you are a shit hot photographer and your jewelry is gorgeous!

11/19/2007 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home