11/13/2007

What I wear ~ SPC

This picture is of me last year, while having a garage sale in October. I am using this pic because it captures a lot of what I wear on most days.
~The slightly pursed mouth, tense slightly raised upper lip I get when annoyed, stressed or concentrating. All my near and dear know this look and often laugh when it is caught on video or in a pic.
~Thi red vest. It was my mothers. I wear this vest a lot, and often with things it doesn't match, but I don't care. My mom had this vest when I was a small child and wore it alot around the house. We used to heat with woodstove and often in the morning it was chilly in the ouse. She would wear it over her long cotton white nightgowns. This was a big staple for her for at least 20 years. It is a sierra vest and has stood up to the tests of time.
~The pearls-have to admit am not wearing them as much lately, but they were my moms favorite earrings. She wore them almost every day the few months before her death. My mother would always wear jewelry before giving it as a gift - to put her energy and love into it before giving it to a loved one. She has passed this belief that objects hold energy to me. This is something I would hope all of my customers knew when they buy one of my pieces. I almost always wear a peice once before cleaning and wrapping it up. Just to send some energy with it.
~Hat- the past year or so I started wearing hats. I seem to wear hats when I feel spunky, fun and good about myself. This hat is from Target and I think it is oh so cute.
Side note-I really have no business blogging since I have my jewelry partythe day after tomorrow and I am no where near ready. I love leaving things to the last minute often because I function much better in crunch time.
Oh and to be brave today I reapplied to trunkt. That is a third time folks:)
Yesterday I did two brave things with wonderful results.
1. I emailed Jena after she rejected my work for modish shoppe, asking for some detailed feedback. I was super happy and relieved by her generous and long response.
2. I asked a blogger I had sent a gift to if she would mind mentioning my jewelry on her blog. She said yes!

BE BRAVE- you may be pleasantly surprised by the results.



”selfportraitchallenge”

18 Comments:

Blogger bee said...

agh, i've been a bit absent sweetie...i'm sorry.

i do the exact same thing with jewelry - wearing it before i give it away, and whatever someone gets from me, i hope they know i've spent a lot of time loving up that person before i send it.

before i read the breakdown of the picture, i was thinking about how cute you looked. and then i read it and was like, "that's why", you look focused, sure, but you also look hugged by all the things that bring you comfort and peace.

love you

11/13/2007 7:10 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

"I love leaving things to the last minute often because I function much better in crunch time."

hee hee hee... i thought it was just me :D

oh, and I do the tight lip/mouth thing too.
Vx

11/13/2007 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are such a beautiful person! the red vest makes me want to be right there with you where I can hug you and listen all day about stories you have tucked away about your mother.
so much love to you. xoxo

11/13/2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I absolutely believe objects hold energy. And I love that you wear each piece of jewelry once before sending it out to its new home. It's going to make me re-think my hands off attitude about my own work.

This morning I'm wearing one of sister's sweaters. I wear her clothes quite often because it comforts me.

11/13/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger jessamyn said...

i love that you wear your jewelry before sending it on it's way...to fill it with good juju and make it so much "more".
i am visiting for the first time today...and am really enjoying my stay!

11/13/2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger PixieDust said...

Awwwww... you are so pretty in pink, heehee

:-)

I love that you wear the jewelry before passing it on! What a beautiful, generous touch.

(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me

11/13/2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

you're so cute in that pink hat, baby, and i love you in the vest and the story that goes with it ((hugs))

so proud of you for asking for proper feedback - that is the way a professional does it - GO YOU! xxo

11/13/2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi! i have only just begun reading your beautiful blog. (i think i found it when commenting on someone else's but can't remember now.) anyway, just sending you some kudos: your work is AMAZING! the colors! the shapes! just lovely!
*
kelly

11/13/2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

you are so pretty in pink baby! i really loved reading about the story behind your pieces and that you wear your pieces to fuse them with your gorgeous energy.

wishing you a successful party! xoxo

11/13/2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

totally pretty in pink.

i remember that hat... ; )

i didn't know the story behind your vest though. it touches me. i think it is so cute that your mother wore it over nightgowns.

i cannot wait to hear all the good news about the party, babes.

you inspire me to be more brave professionally.

love YOU.
toe to toe.

11/13/2007 6:57 PM  
Blogger amy said...

I loved the explanations that you gave. I too believe that objects carry energy. I used to put stones and jewelry under my pillow at night to infuse them while I slept. I think wearing the jewelry you make is a grand idea. You have some lovely pieces.

11/14/2007 1:29 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

i too always wear jewelry i make before giving it away :) hopeful that it passes on more loving energy :)

i am a hat addict ~ and i adore that hat but mostly i adore the fact that you wear pieces full of meaning and love, comfort and care ~ that is beautiful and so is your bravery!! xox

11/14/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

you wear hats well...
and i love the idea of wearing
the jewellry to infuse it
with some of you before sending it....

11/14/2007 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the hat suits you so well!! i love hats too, but i have yet to find a nice and colourful one. :)

11/14/2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

i so believe objects have energy too.
this is a great picture.
:)

11/14/2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

beautiful, love your hat :)

11/15/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger jenica said...

i think this is a lovely tribute to your mother and the beautiful memories that you have of her.

i will be brave today!

11/15/2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh look at you...this makes me miss you...and need a big hug and kiss...

11/19/2007 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home