11/24/2007

I have made a pattern of asking people for advice-needing to talk things through-sometimes ad nauseum-to know what I want to do. I am noticing a shift in this process as I still need to talk things through, but I hear my own instinctual voice louder and clearer than before. I feel more comfortable following my inner guide in this creative journey. Sometimes this scares me as my instinct goes against some advice from respected people in my life, but the discomfort that comes with following anything but this instinct seems to pervade until I settle with what it is telling me.
I have decided to separate the jewelry and photography even though it is so closely related.
My husband and I are still trying to find time to work on my website so for now I need to rely on etsy to display my work.
I like the idea of a more consistant shoppe feel for both my photos and my jewelry, so I have opened TheaCPhotography on etsy. I am slowly going to transfer all my photographs over to that etsy and leave Monarch as a jewelry store. This feels right. Some of you may have noticed I have fooled around a lot with the pricing of my photographs the past few weeks. I finally feel comfortable (for now:) with the prices I have set in my new photo esty shoppe.
There are and have been so many times during this business and creative journey where I feel like I am balancing on a steep cliff on just one toe and the tips of my fingers on one hand. Sometimes I just want someoine to swoop in and carry me to solid ground, but I can't seem to let go of the little places I have nestled into. All the little nooks I have traversed already pop into my mind and I decide to journey on. Then a slightly wider edge presents itself giving me a momentary rest before I reach for the next footing.Thank you for cheering me on, it really makes a huge difference.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so proud of you. I only know you through blogging, but it seems like you have been blossoming lately. your own personal reniassance. I want to be like you when I grow up.

11/24/2007 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thea,

i so know what you mean about needing the advice of others less and less, when at one time it seemed crucial.

i admire you for 1.) starting you own creative business and 2.) sharing your journey here.

it is helpful and comforting to know that others struggle with this too.

your work is really something special, i can tell you put your whole heart into everything you do....especially paying close attention to detail and the emotion of a piece. it is so very inspiring!

wishing you much support on your wonderful path!

love,
mccabe x

11/24/2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The love in your work shines through. Love the idea of 2 shops...Keep us posted on the progress! It's fun to watch it blossom. I'm inspired to get off my duff and put in more effort to my shop...

11/24/2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

lovie, these new photos are gorgeous! i love the way you investigate the world with your trusty ttv :-) bravo to opening you new store - i know it'll be a storming success xo

11/24/2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

i think listening to yourself is the best way to go, the bravest and sometime the most difficult but in the end i am thinking the most satisfying ...

i adore your new shop and wish you the best success :) much love honey, xoxox

11/24/2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Silvia said...

i'm with brittany: you are blossoming and your work is beautiful as are you.

your words are always inspiring to me. thanks for sharing xox silvia

11/24/2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger Toni M Photography said...

Oh WOW. Big Congrats for you honey.

And I agree with everyone elses comments. Not sure what else I contribute,

Big Hugs Lovie,
Love Toni

11/24/2007 6:04 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

what a fabulous idea!

your voice is strong and full of wisdom, my friend.

loving you.

11/24/2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Silvia said...

(i just saw two of my etsy favourites marked 'sold'...i've never been happy to see that mark, but i am now 'cause i bought them *squeal* can't wait to see your designs on my doorstep :)

11/24/2007 6:59 PM  
Blogger Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

I love your blog! May I post something on my blog Beauty...on the weblog?

I think others would appreciate your beautiful work!

11/25/2007 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this idea, the separation. I like simple and this makes it easier to focus on each of your beautiful talents and also, I think it will broaden your fan base.

I talk things over until there's nothing left to talk about and I still try to find more. I think you are finding your way. xo

11/25/2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

hey miz thea.....hope you had a grand thanksgiving! i get the whole teetering on one toe, on a steep hill! wow. so true. you know what to do. you have wonderful gifts and you are sharing them with each of us. such a blessing....

11/25/2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

bravo to your for listening to your own inner voice...your instincts. that's something i'm trying to learn to do as well because i don't know that i was ever given permission to trust myself...now i'm giving that permission to myself.

11/27/2007 2:56 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I really enjoyed reading this post Thea - the growing sense of confidence you have in your own intutition and decision-making in relation to your business and for good reason - you are doing really fabulously well.

PS: I also love the Big Strong Girl ring - I love that song so much and am going to have to go on and order myself one if you listed that! If only I can figure out the payment options...

11/27/2007 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home