12/03/2007

It is cold and rainy here. This weekend it really started to feel like winter.
Snow ball

Diligent

These photos were super fun and made me enjoy the cold and snow. I think I am finally finding some of the balance I have been craving. Being present with what is in the moment. Enjoying my son when he is awake. Being with him and my husband and backing off from work a bit.
I caught up on much needed sleep-taking naps next to my little 2 1/2 year olds warm body. Finding solice in the gentle pattern of his breathing and the peaceful look on his face when he sleeps.
Being someone who can be so driven-to extreme-I have struggled with pulling back from work. Feeling ok if I have less orders and not responding to it with driven work. This space has allowed me to see the need to do things in chunks-make a bunch of jewelry-then list it at the same time. Edit a multitude of photos and load them on etsy at the same time. Instead of thinking of an idea-carrying that one idea from start to finish while the rest of it piles up. It is still a challenge I am sure I have more to work on but it feels like some insight is starting to emerge. Listing often on etsy is important if you want your products to come up in the first few pages of a search. But that doesn't mean you have to list them individually. I can upload a bunch and then just refresh the expiration/relist when I want. This will save a lot of time.
It is so easy for me to become blinded to anything but my need to satisfy this hungry desire to be seen and heard through my art.
This weekend my husband expressed his stress related to the bits and pieces of my work being scattered all over the house. My obvious neglect in clearing and organizing our home. This is understandable now that the cold has set in and we are spending more time in doors-with no escape from the products of my clarity or lack there of. So we cleared and organized. We made a gingerbread house and put up our tree. Last night the house was warm and full of the comforting aroma of roasted chicken.
I almost feel like I have re entered a world I no longer am familiar with navigating. The ebb and flow of a family weekend. I have spent so many of the recent ones holed up in my studio working feverishly and inefficiently.
I got out of the house yesterday for a much needed walk and photo date with myself. I have listed these new photos on my photo etsy and some jewelry that has been waiting to be listed on my jewelry etsy.
Some more rings that were awaiting relisting. I also got another blue big strong girl done and listed.





These light weight plastic pendants are my favorites lately. The earrings are especially fun.













I have seen a lot fo gold in the trashy magazines I treat myself to sometimes. I like the way they look-especially hanging long.
This bw chunky necklace has been waiting to be listed for quite a while now.









7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thea, these photos are absolutely gorgeous... i cannot tell you how much i love them, but they sing sweet songs to my soul, thank you for sharing them.
oh how i know just what you mean when you say the ebb and flow of a family weekend... i always feel that just when i am becoming familiar with the weekend Monday arrives. with a full week ahead of us, i wish for you warmth and peace. xo with love, misty

12/03/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

i love your photos and i love your new etsy items. it's an ebb and flow isn't it?
i have so much clutter everywhere, i know if i organized i'd feel better in ways beyond the obvious.

12/03/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger .E. said...

Hi.. I am new to your blog.. I came across it through a link from photosmith photography.. Love your work.. and look forward to following your blog more closely in the future.. You can check out my blog here.
http://epellette.typepad.com/

12/03/2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Man, so much of this sounds like me. I can get so messy and disorganized when my mind is on other things. As a matter of fact, Kory actually cleaned up the house this weekend, because I was CLEARLY not going to get around to it. *blush*

;)

12/03/2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

this post was like a breath of fresh air. i am so glad to hear you are taking more gentle care of yourself.

naps are the bomb! ; )

these photos are stunning. so stunning. i hope you have a house full of them hanging on your wall. it would look like an art gallery. your talent never ceases to blow me out of the water.

i love you babe...t2t.

12/04/2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

i saw you over on 'beauty on the web'.... i love your photography and jewelry! you are very talented.

i think creating some margin in our lives is what sustains....sounds like you are on the right track!

12/04/2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger caroline : my pocket said...

I love this post - so many beautiful, beautiful photos and your jewellery looks delicious. Me too I attract clutter like crazy for the moment and my boyfriend has to cover for me somewhat. :)

12/07/2007 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home