11/27/2007

SPC ~ what I wear ~ Strength


I have mentioned many times how much I love Deb Talen and the Weepies. I wish I could explain how the lyrics encourage me, inspire me, make me brave, make me cry. I just adore them.

Yesterday I felt a bit blue-the weather was cold and rainy. I had a lot of work to do and little energy. It is always rough when I don't have the regular child care/break. It always catches up with me. Last week there was no school and then we were away for the holiday.

Anyway-this am as I was working and listening to Deb Talen-I decided I would make myself some fun rings to wear something that when I look at will remind me of the things I sometimes need reminding of.

I wore this one today, it made me so happy. It is chunky, colorful and makes me think of my favorite music. What could be better?

I have listed some extras in my shoppe.

*****This second one sold quickly. I was sooooooo tempted to relist it right away but that is what gets me in trouble-listing before things are ready...so tonight I will work on some more of these and list them hopefully tomorrow.****

15 Comments:

Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

fun rings girlfriend!

last night we were watching tv and a commercial aired and the song playing throughout the commercial was a wheepies song...i jumped for joy...i think it might have been an old navy commercial

11/27/2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Oh honey! You are so amazing :) Those rings are so fun!!!

I think I need to hire YOU as my life coach ;) You gave me a lot to think about last week... Keep an eye out, I will be putting some plans into action soon!

Love you.

11/27/2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Too slow! I had the Big Strong Girl ring in my Etsy basket and by the time I entered my details it was gone. Your rings are so fab they run out of the basket.

:-)

11/27/2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger Silvia said...

i love the rings! and the weepies too :)

much love to you xox

11/27/2007 5:43 PM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

b r e a t h . . . . and hurrrryyyy...to make some more of those gorgeous rings so that we can buy them!!!! Your rings are gorgeous!!!! Love them! and your writing! and you! xx

11/27/2007 6:01 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i HEART the big strong girl ring...
seriously.

11/27/2007 6:37 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

i LOVE that second ring! how fun. i wanna be a big, strong girl!

11/27/2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger Jen at Semantically driven said...

I was admiring the rings and then read that you made them. You clever thing.

11/27/2007 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could listen to the weepies over and over... and i do.

and michelle is right, they were the theme song in an old navy commercial last night.

your rings are so fun.

11/27/2007 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love rings- i hardly ever leave the house without one or two of my favourite rings on my fingers.

your rings are fabulous. and just like frida, i had the 2nd one in my basket and by the time i wanted to check out it had already been sold. bummer! can't wait for you to make more! :)

xoxo

11/28/2007 8:11 AM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I find it so helpful to have reminders!
These rings are beautiful and have a fun spirit like you!

11/28/2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

what empowering rings!

you inspire me,
you Big Strong Girl.

love you.
t2t
h2h
b2b
h2h

xoxo

11/28/2007 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big strong girl! yeah I may use this as my motto for the coming weeks. cool ring :)

11/29/2007 1:59 AM  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

it would seem you've really hit upon something here you big strong girl you...they're selling like hotcakes ;-)
love, love, love the weepies...i'm listening to them as i type this...love, love, love you too ;-)
have a great weekend!!!

11/30/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger ~Erin~ said...

I love Deb Talen as well. I used the words "Take Comfort Wherever You Can" in one of my art pieces.

~Erin
www.violentlyhappy78.blogspot.com

12/02/2007 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home