1/24/2008

I keep wanting to post and then I have a hard time trying to piece all the things going on in my head together.

There is something about having my work up locally, with my web address for all the local world to see, that has got me feeling a bit self concious when I write here.

It is tough to explain, but I will try. Myt creativity was just beginning to expand when I strated this blog. I am used to sharing my art with those who read my blog. I guess that is the only way I have been sharing my art.

My first exposure to this change was when I had my jewelry party at my friends house. There were people there who I had never met. I wasn't 100% comfortable with how to present myself. I felt a resistance to "selling" my work or myself. I have become very comfortable with the take me or leave me part of blogging and selling online. Having this show was so exciting, and a bit intimidating. Having my photographs displayed with a card advertising my website and consequently my blog, felt a bit like posting pages from my diary up for display. But blogging is so public, I have to wonder where these feelings are coming from. They don't really make sense.

I am used to writing freely here, but now I find that I edit myself more heavily. I try to think about how it will be read by different people. I never did that before. Writing and editing are not super comfortable for me, so the idea of making it more complicated is a bit exhausting.LOL.

I will figure it out soon, and when I do I will post about it:)

Adding:

There has been a wonderful little award thing going around blogland, and I have meant to write about it.

This is how it works:

Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times!

I have left comments on peoples blogs telling them they bring me happiness and inspiration and I am so honored to have been on some of your lists as well.

This blogging community is fabulous, and that is why I am bound and determined to get comfortable writing here again:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I really understand the feeling of editing yourself.
I recently have become friends with a few moms at my children's preschool. They know I create art and have asked for my website address. I haven't given it out yet because it links to my blog and I don't want all those moms reading my private thoughts. Some of them could even blog themselves and I wouldn't know because we have never talked about it.
It is a weird feeling. I am so comfortable opening up on my blog, but not when someone who is not a true blogger is reading it.

1/24/2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger caroline : my pocket said...

I can relate to what you're saying too. My heart skips a beat every time someone I know comes up to me and says they've seen my blog. I don't like feeling that people behave differently around me because they draw conclusions about me from my writing. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a lovely week, x

1/25/2008 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know what you are saying as well. From the beginning I have edited myself pretty heavily because this is such a public forum. But i think my blog is not as interesting as those where the bloggers expose more of themselves.

1/27/2008 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home