4/09/2008

Studio

In response to my glowing post, Denise gave me some fabulous advice to maybe clean out my studio. It is very symbolic of the place I find myself in mentally right now, one of clearing out my mind and refocusing. I thought I would do things differently and start out slow, by removing one of the work tables- and shifting a few things at a time, instead of doing it all at once-leaving a big mess in the process. When you first walk into my studio-this is right in front of you.
I am now settled with what I am doing with jewelry, and need less space to play and experiment, so I can have it in a more concentrated area on one table instead of two. Here I have all the materials I need for making my pendants. You can see some of the art that inspires me and makes me feel good.
Femininity by Deni
Blessed by Kelly
Michelangelo by Madelyn
Wing study 15 by Christine
To the right is my computer desk. The photos you see are fairy magic photos from Caroline. I just love them. Then you see my messy stack of papers, bills, notes, calendar, photo paper. I guess I got a bit of the secret motivated print out I made showing my "paypal monthly income. I need to really feel this a bit more:) Then a card from Deni that reads "One of the hardest things to realize" she said "is that our 'someday' is right now." You can also catch a glimpse of the magic rocks from McCabe
sitting in front of my computer screen.

I skipped the right side of my desk with the printer-but a bit more to the right and you see this corner. A total and complete mess-and no where near what it will be. I am removing the square desk and putting the next rectangular desk in there. I will draw and paint here. The shelves will be put to good use-with supplies and more beautiful inspiration. hee hee-I just noticed the slumped position of my drawing guy.
This photo of me and my mom was taken a few months before I met my husband. Geez 10+ years ago....this is when I dyed my hair dark (I am naturally mousy brown). There my mother is.... with her camera-the one she always had in hand to photograph me, and her beautiful garden. We are sitting on her small side deck. Gosh I miss her.

And then if we move some more to the right we are right back to the entrance- or to the right of the entrance. Here is the desk that has been a catch all. I tack up photos waiting for frames etc. On the desk there are many scattered pendants that will need to be packaged and put in their proper place. The art here includes:Window view from Caroline
this photo moves me in a way I just can't explain. So much so that I have two of them-one downstairs in my kitchen and this one that will go in my bedroom once I redo it. I love Caroline, as well as treetops, white wains coating, green plants and of course crisp white bedding. Can't you feel the breeze coming in through the window?
Eggshell girl from Daisies
Wishtree branch from Sparkling souls
Dandelion abstract from Contemplative Cajun

Ahhhh just looked at the time....I don't have much time left before picking up the little one from school. Thanks for visiting my studio space. I will share more as I get it more settled.

13 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Thank you for the glimpse into your studio. I love Caroline's photos - I have Paris on a cloudy day hanging in my dining room, I love it.

4/09/2008 11:47 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

your studio is so beautiful, what a lovely glimpse into the space where you work :)

4/09/2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

so happy to be part of your day. i love seeing studio space. i am in th emiddle of my studio move too.

4/09/2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

So inspiring!
Love,
D.

4/09/2008 12:59 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

If I read right, I thought you used the word "mess" to describe a part of that room...

...good thing you can't see mine ;)

you space is yummy!
full of light!
and very inspirational :)

warm hugs t
xox d

4/09/2008 2:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you for the tour! I can only dream of having a studio...sometimes I feel like "if I only had a studio, then I could create magic."

4/09/2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Terence Coughlin said...

Wow, never seen that room look so tidy before (except the day we moved into the house).

If only there was a means to share scents over the web...to give the full experience. Nothing like flowers mixed with cat pee :-)

4/10/2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

It looks like a wonderful space. :)

I love, love, love your banner, btw. ;)

:)

4/10/2008 6:20 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thea, I love seeing photos of your workspace!! I had to giggle at your comment about me being like a life coach for you--because you are like that for me too!! :) I always love reading about the practical side of your art business because, really, those little details are important.

Anyway, you inspire me endlessly. And that photo of you and your mom...wow. You are both beautiful and look so much alike. I can see the connection between you two and understand why you miss her so much.

i'm sending lots of love you way!
j.

4/11/2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

your space looks gorgeous, clear and free, love!

that must have felt sooo good. i feel like i need to do this to my workspace at least every 6 months. its fun to make it special...blasting favorite music, burning incense, dancing around and throwing stuff out that you don't need.

its freeing.

the photo of you and your mom made me teary...

(you look sexy in dark hair too).

i love you.
toe to toe.

xo

4/11/2008 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us a peek into your studio. I love all of the natural light. I still feel inspired from my recent studio overhaul, and I hope you feel the same as you rework yours. And I love all of the inspiration and reminders you have keeping you company. Especially the quote from Denise. Can't wait to see more!

4/11/2008 12:57 PM  
Blogger Shaz said...

I love it love it love it xx

4/12/2008 1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I so enjoyed this little peak into your studio. I especially like how you've surrounded yourself with artwork, many of which were created by friends.

You've motivated me to clean my little art room this morning, too. Gosh, it's such a disaster right now...

4/15/2008 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home