8/08/2007


"Very often, Thea, when tides start turning, great gears begin shifting, and gusting winds start blowing at the onset of a really wonderful dream's alignment with your present life, there is commotion, unpredictability, even turmoil.
So, hey, let's always assume that's the case whenever you experience commotion, unpredictability, even turmoil. K?
Whhh-hhh-hh-h-h-h-ish-
The Universe from tut.com

Independence
"The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself." -Montaigne (1533-1592)
Independence could also be called self-reliance, or self-sufficiency. We must know that we are each whole and complete. We can count on ourselves, we belong to ourselves." -Lissa Coffey from Wisdom news

These are really relavant to me right now because my attention is shifting from avaoiding in some ways my own business challenges by focusing on others.

Do you ever notice you can do that? Focus on the details of someone else instead of the seemingly more challenging things directly in line with creating the life you want?

I have done this often in my relationships.

I emailed Andrea from Superhero designs the other day about life coaching. I thought maybe it would be easier if someone guided me through this business stuff. Then I realized that I can do it for myself if I honor myself with the attention.

So while at my inlaws I wrote lists upon lists of what I want my life to look like. What steps I do in my studio and how I can reorganize it to be more efficient. I went to Walmart and bought some needed organizational items.

I have talked about the paperwork-and had convinced myself I need to learn excel to be able to record things properly. This makes the job so much more challenging since I do not know excel.LOL. So yesterday I bought a sales order book and columnar book-I can start there right?

I have found some really great square frames that fit my 8x8 ttv photos perfectly and also some 11x14" museum quality mats for 5x5 photos. They really look great. I will be offering both of these in the near future on Monarch (my etsy) .

Ok the littel one is up gotta run.....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've often thought about getting myself a life coach - my old office partner has/had one and her practice soared to the heights she desired almost immediately. Honey, I'm parralleling your words here in regards to business. I read blogs, procrastinate and piss my days away without any focus on my practice or my creative self - my own worst enemy.
Your words inspire me to look at what's important to me and try to make it happen. Sometimes I really am my own worst enemy.

xoxo

8/08/2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

:)

You are already so amazing! I think you are going to blow us all away in the coming weeks with all you are doing for your business!

Talk to you soon,

xoxoxoxox

8/08/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

The paperwork can be so intimidating, but it has to be done. Sigh. Once you get a routine and a system established it will be so much easier.

8/08/2007 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on, Thea!!! I'm proud of you. There's nothing I love more than making lists and organizing and making plans. I am always happy to talk to you about this aspect of your work, and I look forward to doing some more brainstorming with you at the beach in a few weeks.
Melissa

8/08/2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

You can do it.
You are doing it.
Thea, you are doing all that you need to be doing, even the prograstinating stuff...its happening for a reason.

If you have a visual diary, or journal from a few years ago... go look at it... look at your list of goals etc.

You will be blown away with how much of that list you have already accomplished.

Bx

8/08/2007 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been all too familiar with avoidance issues lately. I am trying to make the shift to being a more independent, self-reliant, confident me. I love that one quote -- 'how to belong to oneself.' Yes, that is indeed what I am striving for, to truly belong to myself.

I commend you for putting yourself out there and reaching for your dreams. you're an inspiration to me, Thea!

8/09/2007 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrea was the perfect fit for me as a life coach.
sometimes just having an outside perspective from someone who is equally as intuitive as she is perceptive is really a beautiful gift.
jen gray

8/09/2007 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home