12/04/2007

A deeper look

I made up a meme so here it goes:

Have you taken any dance classes in the past year that you loved?

I am having such a challenge getting myself to exercise at home. I decided I need to dance more so I looked for an african dance class in my area. I have always wanted to take an african dance class-moving my body to the drumming. Feeling free. The place that offers one here in my area also offers Nia classes. I have always had a strange weird feeling about NIA-never taken a class but always felt a bit like I would be embarrassed.

What is your favorite flavor tea and where to you get it?

I am really trying (again) to get off coffee. My sister in law sent me some amazing black teas, but I ran out. I am an earl grey lover, and the roobis?sp tea Susannah had from the UK was just delish (I just don't know where to get it here).

What is your favorite podcast, do you have a link and what do you love about it?

I have yet to listen to a podcast but I would love to:) hee hee

What food did you love when you were a kid, that when you eat it as an adult it brings you back-carries so much more than just the flavor-but memories. And would you share a recipe?

Ravioli. Celentano ravioli to be exact. It was a real treat when we had ravioli when I was a kid. It was nothing fancy-nothing from scratch-but we had ravioli last night and when I was putting away the leftovers I slipped a few in my mouth-and thought of my mom. Also my bff as a kid-Hope-and I loved ravioli-and would often have it when we were over each others houses.

What was the last thing you bought yourself?

I just bought myself these fingerless gloves for the early morning times when the house is cold. I just love them and they are orange and brown. Yum-I think I could collect these:)


What color is your bedroom? Is it the nicest room in the house?

my bedroom is pale yellow and a modge podge of hand me downs. It is the least nice room in my house and I am dying to make it over. I would love to have a bohemian romantic bedroom but don't know where to start and feel like we don't have the money to redo it.

Are a better cook or baker?

I am a better baker but haven't made things from scratch in a while. The best recipe I have ever made I think-is a caramel apple pie I got the recipe for from the food tv site. If you would like the recipe email me. I grew up with a bland vegetarian often vegan diet so I always feel strange cooking, like my food isn't flavorful. My friend Genine is the best cook in my eyes. She whips things together and they are always so freakin yummy. She is italian and a great cook.

What time do you go to bed usually and when do you wake up?

For the past few months I have been going to bed between 9 and 10 and get up between 4 and 5-for a bit of quiet time before my son gets up. I am too tired at night to enjoy evenings so that is why I get up so early. I guess I am a morning person.

What sign are you? Do you know your rising and moon? When is your birthday?

January 4th, 1972. I often forget how old I am. feels silly that I can't seem to remember. I also keep forgetting how old my scorpio husband is. One year I wrote 33 on balloons when he was turning 34:) I am a Capricorn and my moon and rising is in Virgo. I feel more virgo than capricorn. But I do have traits of Capricorn that seem to be emerging as I get older. Mermaid mentioned that she is a Capricorn and has the trait of getting younger at heart as she gets older. I definitely feel this too. I was a very old young person and feel more fun and silly-enjoy playing more as an adult. I want to dress like a teenager:) hee hee

What was the last thing you said no to that felt like you were taking good care of yourself?

I said I couldn't tutor a girl that keeps changing the times on me. I decided I would rather spend an evening out taking a dance class than trying to work through chemistry:) It was hard to say no because she really could use the help.

Please add one question to the end of this.


I tag anyone who wants to join in.


Namaste

16 Comments:

Blogger Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

I seriously love your blog! I featured you at Beauty...on the weblog today!

Have a great day. I get up really early too. Have to before the crew awakens!

12/04/2007 6:50 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Love your meme here.

I'm a HUGE tea drinker, coffee and I aren't friends any longer. My morning tea is Irish Breakfast and then I have others during the day (especially rooibos) that soothe me.

I love This American Life podcast -it makes me laugh when I'm sitting in the office.

I'm a much better baker than I am a cook. It's why I could really use a regular workout routine. I have such a hard time getting into a groove with exercise, sigh.

12/04/2007 7:40 AM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

Love this meme~great questions!

I love podcasts. I haven't found any regular ones that I love. Creative Thursday has some good archives and so does Hay House Radio.

12/04/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

mmmm...love all these bits about you.

i would LOVE to come over and help you bohemian up your room! our whole house is done up that way at low cost. there are ways, my friend...can i come over and play?

i love you.
t2t
c2c
b2b
h2h

xoxo

12/04/2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

love this! look for roobis teas, name brand is numi. they sell it at our coffee house. i love them. ijust went yesterday to get one, late afternoon. have had a cold and it tasted so light and good. i dig coffee, but it just weighs me down in every sense. such an addiction! go to creative thursdays for inspirational podcast
happy tuesday!

kelly

12/04/2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

i heart podcasts ~ they are sooo addictive :) i subscribe to a few gems ... i frequent a few tea places for my supplies but have found a lovely roobis loose leaf our one of our organic stores ~ there are big glass bins of tea so you can take as much or as little as you want which is fun for experimentation.

what a fun meme :)

smooches beautiful you :)

12/04/2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Just had to come out of lurker status here to say my birthday is also Jan. 4th and I find your words so true about being an old young person but feeling younger as you age! Funny, I wonder if that's just a capricorn thing or a creative woman allowing herself to say yes to life thing?
Anyway, I love your blog & photography. Can't wait until my friends open the necklaces I purchased from you. I'm sure they'll be completely enchanted, as I was!

12/04/2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

oooh, i loved reading all about you in your awesome made up meme.

i agree with den, there are so may ways to boho up your room for little dinero. can i come play too? that would be so fun.

love you, and such a beautiful self portrait!

xoxo

12/04/2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger Tanaya said...

Ok I have to tell you my Nia story. I went and was COMPLETELY, UTTERLY, TOTALLY embarrassed. I felt ridiculous, but I also felt great afterwards.

Try it out, it is an absolute blast! (p.s. each week that I go, I feel a little less silly, I'm determined to feel good about it one day.)

12/05/2007 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this and did it too... fun questions!

Really not trying to post annon.... http://pavinganewroad.wordpress.com

12/05/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVe the meme! I always find something thought-provoking on your blog!
*

12/05/2007 3:24 PM  
Blogger selftaughtgirl said...

rooibos (spelled this way but pronounced "roy-bus") tea is an African bush tea, caffeine free, and full of flavor and goodness. I love to partake at my local cafe, and I think you might be able to order from them if you contacted the proprietor. Also, I've seen it at Trader Joe's. Check out www.juliestea.com and see if they might be able to give you any leads!

xo,
Kate

12/05/2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

this is fabulous, sweetie!!!
i love all these little tidbits of you ;-)

12/05/2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

WOW! That is a whole lotta Earth in your chart, baby! LOL! But I guess it would make you very level and consistant. And you know, I read once in a book that Earth sign people are often dancers, that things that bring them into their body and fires these senses,(dance, yoga, sex), is very "earthy". This sounds like the truth with you, and yoru dancing self. ;)

:)

12/05/2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger leonie.wise said...

what a wonderful idea making up your own meme. i was also going to suggest TJ's or any organic store to get the rooibus. or, if you know the brand you want from the UK, email me (i'm in London at the moment) and i'll send you some over. go with the dancing, that is so cool! i'm living in a neighbourhood full of different kinds of people and there's heaps of africans here. i have no idea what Nia is, but i'm intrigued.

:)

12/06/2007 3:42 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Although I'm coming here via the December Views blogroll, this meme convinces me I need to be a regular visitor. My all-time favorite dance class was Afro-Haitian (with live drummers). I, too, am a Capricorn...and I also think there's much about me that's un-Capricorn-like. Yet I strongly believe that many of us do 'youth' as we grow older. When I look back at my childhood self, I think: good god, what an uptight, prissy little thing! :) My mother didn't drink coffee till her mid-30's, so I grew up drinking a lot of tea and have always loved it...one I've recently come to is African Redbush (many brands). Even my non-tea-drinking mate likes it. :)

12/06/2007 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home