4/12/2008

Life can be so interesting...


yesterday my son and I ran out of gas on the way home from me picking him up from school. Luckily it was about 20 yards from a little ice cream shop/markets (Stewarts).

My first thought was, I better buy T an ice cream, so he doesn't have a "I am ready for a nap meltdowns" while I am trying to figure this out. As I was buying the cone, I called my husband to talk through what I should do, when a kind woman who worked at Stewarts, suddenly offered to go get us gas. While T thoroughly enjoyed the ice cream cone, drip by drip, the woman went and returned, insisting that she pour the gas in, since she was already a bit gas soaked. It was a bit of a fiasco, involving caps that wouldn't tighten and way too much gas spillage to not make me a bit nervous, but it all worked out before the ice cream cone was finished.

Once T was down for his nap, I went to download photos from a spur of the moment, rush out of the house to catch the last rays of light, roll around in the wet grass, muddy, sultry and fun, photo shoot I got to shoot of my gorgeous frister Genine Thursday night. When I went to open PS a box popped up, reporting"your (PS)license has expired". My amazing hubby is currently installing our new PS (on our PC)while I write this on our laptap. We use the laptop downstairs for browsing and emailing mostly, it doesn't handle a lot of PS and RAW files very well, so we stick to using the upstairs computer for that. I have been in utter and absolute suspense waiting to play with the pictures I took of her.

Today the sun was shining, the wind was blowing and it was delightfully warm outside. We started our morning getting donuts with sprinkles and then taking a bike ride with friends.

I think I mentioned a bit a go that I have been dreaming of finding a wonderful house within a few blocks from Genine and some other friends. Well today we rode by a house that just put a sign up. I called to the owners lounging in their yard and asked for a tour:) The lady of the house and I hit it off smashingly. The house is everything and more, but the price tag is a bit higher than....well it is high. Don't know what is in store for us but it was fun to walk through, come home and sit in our present kitchen with the breeze coming in through the windows, dreaming about how fabulous the house we looked at would be to live in. I mean it is at most 3 blocks from 5 different friends-walking distance to the high school, post office, market, barber. It has fireplaces, window seats in many rooms, skylights, wood floors, oh I could go on and on......

Then this afternoon a bit after being put down for his nap my son called out. He threw up all over his bed. We spent the afternoon consoling a puking 3 year old. It is just plain hard to see such a little dear one in such a state of confusion and discomfort. I must say he handled it very maturely. I think he is feeling better, and hopefully will get a good nights sleep.

How is your weekend going so far?

5 Comments:

Blogger meghan said...

Whew - busy weekend!!!

I'm sorry to hear about all of the stressful stuff but you seemed to have coped with it all very well!! Just like the woman who helped you get gas - something will happen to help you into the right home for you - I know it!!!

LOVE YOU.

4/13/2008 2:08 AM  
Blogger Eileen W. said...

Hi!
I've had an interesting weekend- helped a friend break up with a boyfriend- we drove his belongings to his workplace and left them on his car- yeah, it was tough. We also had a fire, cooked hot dogs and smores with her son, had pizza last night and played Apples to Apples- fun game you might like. In the midst of all of this, I managed to lock my keys in my car with the electricity turned on just enough to drain the battery. Thank goodness my buddy had car service on her phone plan- she is easily a frister as well. So, a fun, peaceful at times and yet chaotic weekend. :)

4/13/2008 10:45 AM  
Blogger christina said...

I simply love your blog, Thea.

I had a wonderful weekend looking into the faces of my husband and kids. Ahhhhh...love.

4/13/2008 9:27 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

what a packed weekend you have had :) mine was not nearly so exciting!! though i also indulged in sprinkles ... sprinkles make everything special :)

4/14/2008 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, now there's a busy weekend! How great is it that the stranger from Stewarts went out of her way to help you out? That just makes me smile this morning. And you got icrecream! It seems to me that when little problems turned up, solutions soon appeared in the form of kind strangers, a helpful computer-savvy husband... So maybe you should keep dreaming about that house...?

4/15/2008 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home