6/11/2008

Magic

I started a business blog with the intent of keeping this blog for more personal things and then posting about business there. The one conflict I am having is that my portrait clients will be visiting that blog and something felt weird about posting this there.

I found these awesome actions-absolutely perfect for portraits

Here is one sample of what they do. Mind you he didn't have bad skin but it gives you a great idea.I used mcp touch of light and dark to lighten around his eyes and to darken their clothes.

Then I used the healing brush for the few imperfections in his skin that were more obvious. Then I used mcp magic foundation and mcp eye dr. I also made other adjustments in between of my own.

oh and for eye glass glare I found these two tutorials. I still have a lot of practice to do on it but it may be an issue I need to master.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

girl, this is super cool! you make me want to send all my photos to you for fixing! actually, in doing photo shoots of animals for painting, I'm realizing that I have a booko load of learning to do in terms of the camera. Photoshop steps it up to the next level. I find it fascinating. Thanks for the link. I think I'm going to have to investigate further.

Love ya and have been thinking about you lots! :)
j.

6/12/2008 9:34 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

wow...this looks so beautiful. i KNOW he will love how fresh and smooth his face looks.

i love that you got to capture prom and all the beauty and awkwardness and nervousness and flair. such good memories.

you rock.

i love YOU.

6/12/2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

Hi Thea! Thanks for these tips! How awesome that you're sharing. I'm starting to learn more about re-touching and this sounds like a great package to check out!

6/13/2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I absolutely love how you are willing to share your knowledge! PS makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes! It is all trial and error for me but I am having so much fun with it.

6/16/2008 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home