3/04/2008

I think I got a stomach bug. I woke at 2am really close to throwing up-and I am not a thrower upper.

Today the plan went a bit off. I think it will be better if I just post what I ate after the day is done. Then I am not writing it out twice and I can also keep a word doc open and comment on how I am feeling when I eat too.

Today was my little mans 3rd birthday. We had so much fun today. I feel so much more present with him these past days. Enjoying him so much more without all the stress weighing on me about the pregnancy.

This afternoon I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat more than half the salad at lunch-so I had half of a whole grain english muffin with some butter and jam instead.

This afternoon I had a handful of grapes and some strawberries.
Tonight I had about a cup and a half of cereal, a cup of soymilk and some melon.

I am pooped.

This evening I was trying to put together my sons train table and was feeling tired. When my husband came home from work, I thought he was upset with me, and almost decided to chow down on the cupcakes I was making. I recognized it and just let it sit. I didn't eat a cupcake, I had some melon instead.

Now I am going to have a cup of tea and go to bed.

How are you guys doing?

7 Comments:

Blogger Georgia said...

I ate 7... count them SEVEN dinner rolls today.... Ummm, yeah... At least I went to the gym though! And at least it was not a bag of garlic croutons this time.. guh.

I hope your tummy feels better tomorrow! And Happy Birthday to your little man :)

3/05/2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I've been off my plan and feeling miserable about it, a lashing in my brain for all that I should have been doing, instead of shoving candy in, hand over fist.

It wasn't the weekend, I was conscious and planned as I said. It was the after-math, the last two days of being exhausted and catching up. I forgot about that - that I can't handle sleep deprivation and that I always eat too much when I'm in that mode.

Today is my weigh-in and I'm dreading, almost positive I won't go just because. But these are the times that I should, and I should stay for the meeting as well.

Instead today, I choose to forgive myself. I'll weigh-in here and then I'll go power walk outside. The air is fresh and crisp - a big storm last night blew everything out and I can take in nature and regroup my brain.

I know we're not virtual partners here, but honestly, you doing this while I'm doing this...it helps me and that's why I've written such a long comment, in hopes that it helps you too.

Happy Birthday to your boy-o, three is the most delicious age. xoxo

3/05/2008 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, having a long term goal helps most. Yeah I want to get healthy, but what I really want is to look good in my swim suit this summer :) It's the day-to-day, minute-by-minute struggle that's been playing with my mind. I try to keep the snack drawer stocked with nuts (like almonds) or trail mix when I need a quick fix or if I feel my sugar levels dropping.
I've been taking 2 cardio/weight training classes a week - and I have to tell you - I've seen such a good result. The weight training makes a big difference. Today, I'm taking my first Pilates class..
Be gentle with yourself. It's real easy to beat yourself up if you make mistakes. I've made a ton. I just keep telling myself that it took a long time to get where I am, so it makes sense that I won't really *get* into these new habits overnight. It's a slow process, but keep believing in yourself.
Happy Bday to your boy. I have a little Marchie too.

3/05/2008 7:44 AM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

Yayyyy for having the melon instead...but oh, that cupcake would have hit the spot?! Just teasing...proud of you Thea! See you can do it!
Hope you are feeling better! xx

3/05/2008 10:50 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

good girl,
i am doing fine on mine. haven't lost anything since last weekend. but exercise has been nill since sunday. too bisy with jobs.
i think of you everyday. big hugs. keep treating yourself well adn feel better soon.

3/05/2008 1:59 PM  
Blogger caroline : my pocket said...

Hi Thea :) Just catching up on your posts and sending you much love. You are doing so great, I'm really impressed with your dealing with your life for the moment. thinking of you xoxo

3/05/2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Just came by to check in and say hi! Sorry you are sick. But HAPPY DAY to your little man. I love 3. So fun.

:)

3/05/2008 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home