3/07/2008

I decided to make a yahoo group to use for my food and exercise journal.

All are welcome to read and join if they want. Just go here http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/choosehappiness/

I will go and write day 4 there, and from now on will write most of my eating/exercise there instead of here.

The past few days has been a bit crazy. I subed for one of my sons preschool teachers on Wed and then he had yesterday and today off from school for teacher conferences.

Last night I gave my first ever paid "photography lesson". The people were so fun and darling it felt more like a social visit for me. It was super fun though to share with someone some of the things I have learned, within the context that I am no expert.LOL.

Their daughter is so gorgeous that I felt a strong urge to take photos of her on a sunny day. I have avoided taking photos of children strangely even my own, out of (my own idea) of respect for my friend who is a portrait photographer. She has been encouraging me more to play around with it, so I am finding a part of my soul feels awakened and excited. I am so out of practice-without ever being in great practice-that it is a bit nerve wracking yet exciting to start trying to capture the types of photos I imagine taking of my son and other children.

I think I will be exploring shuttersisters.com
a bit more if I can carve out the time. They have really great photographers over there.

On a side note-I know you are never supposed to bring up politics with friends but Hillary is really made me feel frustrated with her tactics the past week or so. I just had to get that out.

Here are a few articles my husband and I have found interesting on the subject:
http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/03/more_on_the_clinton_obama_and.php
http://www.newsweek.com/id/119010/page/1
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-david/on-the-red-phone_b_90338.html

2 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

i'm SO thrilled you are playing with portrait photography, love.

your tribe has felt this is a gift of yours and all your loved ones support you nurturing your gifts.

i know what you mean about Hilary. i've been cringing in a terrible way.

go obama.

hee hee.

love YOU.

3/07/2008 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a quick hug to you, you looked fabulous tonight .... really sweeetie, there's a glow around you, and your lightened spirit is so vivid....

I smiled at the idea of you feelin' the tingle thinking about photographing that little girl...and that adorable little guy of yours...

I love where we are ---- and am so glad that honesty is and has always been our base.... :)

you ooze talent...still hoping we can tag team a wedding one day... :)

xxoo genine

3/08/2008 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home